Fox Alternator wiring questions in my 83 car

And wtf those stupid little things used to be $3 each, now there $8.60 on rock auto ffs. At least the fuses are still under $3 there. Getting tired of seeing stupid normal auto parts double or tripple in price.
You should see the quotes I get for a metal roof.... Sure wish I would have been quicker on the draw in Nov 2020 on the quote then.....

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

The best part of that is scrap prices are still extremely low for the so called shortages and demand most blame it on.
The estimator I had today told me demand is so high in Florida for metal roofs, they can't make it fast enough..... I will probably go asphalt and its also ridiculously high.....

I have 'roofing' people.
I can get you his number.
That's too shiny for my junk. :nono:
Ehh this thing was orange with rust much worse then that fitting when it went into the funky smelling derusting bucket. High build will fill the pits when I epoxy the half pan patch.. Like $20 for a pair of those damn things now, I hate the nickel and diming parts esp. at todays prices and the pan in that area if often rotted threw on these cars up here... Did a couple seat tracks and few other steel parts, all of them cleaned up.. Well except the seat track springs, those came out in a couple pieces lol.

Attachments

• image000002 (4).jpg
    image000002 (4).jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 33
I like Blue Sea systems products as they are geared towards the marine industry and a little more robust than your typical Amazon-China products. They can be bought on Amazon

Mega fuse style

MIDI fuse style. I think this one has a spot to hold a spare fuse too

What size wire are you going to run? #6 or #4?
I purchased a blue sea fuse block, but have not installed it yet due to TOO many other things happening ....
I will go with #4 wire to play it safe....

Any recommendations on the fuse size? I was thinking fairly small..... 75 amps?

Anyone have pic;tures on where you installed your fuse block on your car? This blue sea fuse block is larger than I thought.....

Last edited:
Mounted mine on pass fender under the circular snorkel cut in the fender. I forget the amp fuse I selected as I’m not home at the moment but it may be a 100a or 120a on #4 wire. Basically I came off the alt to the fender and installed my fuse. I’d bet I’m running a 100a fuse as #4 max load is around 120 amps depending on some factors.

Can’t take pics at the moment

Mounted mine on pass fender under the circular snorkel cut in the fender. I forget the amp fuse I selected as I’m not home at the moment but it may be a 100a or 120a on #4 wire. Basically I came off the alt to the fender and installed my fuse. I’d bet I’m running a 100a fuse as #4 max load is around 120 amps depending on some factors.

Can’t take pics at the moment
My battery is there.....
Thinking of mounting mine under my battery ( pass side on my car) to the frame rail..... Lots of air flow in that area for cooling too..