Another Cold Air Intake Question

05gt

Nov 5, 2004
What am I missing on the cold air kits? I have found the K&N with the Diablosport for $499 and the C&L with the Diablosport for $649, why does the majority go with the C&L? They both seem to dyno about the same gains.

• Sponsors (?)

Yes, according to some websites the k&n with diablo tuner and the c&l with the diablo tuner yeild very similar horsepower gains. But, unfortunately diablosport does not make a custom tune for the k&n setup, only steeda and c&l. Therefore the diablosport guys do not recommend using thier tuner with the k&n. That is the reason people are going with the c&l over the k&n.

1ba96gt said:
Go with SCT its better anyways. IMO. Fastest 05 with 3V engine runs SCT if that tells you something.

Actually from the dyno sheets I have seen the DiabloSport has better gains and is easier to use. I have a Predator and I can not recommend it enough. Just b/c currently the fastest 05 uses a SCT doesn't mean it is better.

Szlachcic said:
Actually from the dyno sheets I have seen the DiabloSport has better gains and is easier to use. I have a Predator and I can not recommend it enough. Just b/c currently the fastest 05 uses a SCT doesn't mean it is better.

I know just because they use it doesn't mean its the best, that was more of a joke. But the Diablo is not as complicated, good if you are tuning yourself, bad if you are having a tuner do it because it was a few limitations the SCT doesn't. Diablo does make good stuff though, no knocks there.

But Sutton HP offers a package for $640 that has the X-Calibrator, CAI, and a 3.73 gear and thats a pretty good deal.

Mods if last part isn't allowed go ahead and delete it, wasn't sure.

1ba96gt said:
But the Diablo is not as complicated, good if you are tuning yourself, bad if you are having a tuner do it because it was a few limitations the SCT doesn't.

Oh, I didn't realize this, my apologies. Since I am new to all of this then I guess getting the Diablo was a good choice.

Szlachcic said:
Oh, I didn't realize this, my apologies. Since I am new to all of this then I guess getting the Diablo was a good choice.

Yea you are splitting hairs and personal preference between SCT and Diablo. I was pretty much just mentioning other options.

I vote for the JLT, http://http://www.jlttruecoldair.com/, my thread about it can be found here.

You'll notice that a lot of people are getting the best gains with the JLT and the DTP tune for the Diablo. The intake is larger over any other currently available, 3.5" MAF / ~90mm and 4" main tube / ~100mm, and boasts the larger K&N filter too.

Oh, and my Diablo cost me $350 from PartShopper and the (painted) JLT + DTP tune cost me $255 minus shipping which was $15.
-Dan

diablo does't make a tune for anyone except c&l,and steeda,so how are you using the other ones.talked to scott at diablo yesterday about c&l tube and using it with my steeda.his answer was pretty easy.you only need the stock tube.metal,and rubber heat up and hold the heat,so save money and use the stock one. :lol: :nono: