Another idle questions, searched

mob

the guy who hits on his mom
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Oct 3, 2003
Dallas, TX
Hey people well i dont have much time so im typing quick, bottom line my cars idle wont go under 1100 rpm. Someone told me to open the hole in the butterfly to let more air go in, so i drilled it to 1/4, then idle wouldnt go under 1300. They told me it was a mistake you had to cover the hole. So i went got some jb weld and covered it up, I just finished, started the car, and the damn thing wont go under 1100 still.. I have a bcam and want to hear it at 700rpm, can someone please help me? I dont htink ive ever heard my car under 900rpm unless its about to stall, ive tried to search but couldnt find anything, i reset my tps a while ago, any other sensors that can be bad? My idle pin is about to pop out and the sucker still wont move under 1100. Thanks guys

• Sponsors (?)

See the Sticky at the top of the forum "Help me create the Surging Idle Checklist" . There are some tips on what do do with a aftermarket cam that may be helpful.

i thought surging was when it stalls?

I dont think i have any vac leaks. All that was checked at like a year ago. It could be my iac, the first time i drilled the hole, i forgot to plug in my iac, and it seemed like my car ran alittle better, like when i let off the throttle to shift the rpms would drop right down, right now when i go to shift, the rpms go up like 200rpm and it pisses me off soo much, and today when i started my car to go to school, everything seemed really humid it might have just been the weather cause it was really humid but like the clutch and throttle seemed all mushy and idle kept droping down and almost stalled if i didnt have the gas in, you guys think the computer just needs to adjust? ill play with it alittle more when i get home, i didnt have time last night cause it was 1am and i had to let the t/b seal sit, thanks guys

I read the surging thread, i know you explained it there but i still dont get how to get the codes.

When i get home ill try and put my iac upside down see if it does anything, but other then that i still dont see why my idle wont go under 1100

mob said:
I read the surging thread, i know you explained it there but i still dont get how to get the codes.

When i get home ill try and put my iac upside down see if it does anything, but other then that i still dont see why my idle wont go under 1100

Here's a picture on the connector to dump the codes.
forddlc.gif

hmm well thanks guys, i started my car up today at school, idle was still at 1000 but when i got home she droped down to 600, so i raised it up to about 750, and its fine, i guess it just had to warm up, it jumps around alittle from like 700-800 but i think its fine overall thanks for the help anyways guys