another pony in the stable

it is a 93 vibrant red gt convertible. no pictures because it is rainy outside. car is worth easily over 4k but guess what I paid... 1500
car has 118K
all stock
one owner I think and from CA
black interior and black vert top
pony rims
I will take pics soon
I just seem to be really busy
New clutch in the V6 and the '90 GT
The sn95 needs to get finished, The engine has not started yet (I think I have a leak under the lower intake manifold because it makes poping noises and smoke puffs out from the seams):bang:
but all should be rolling in time for summer:D
My parents just had thier explorer eb edition totaled from some lady:(
Quick story::fuss:
at 4 in the morning there is a ton of cops outside. There is a car smashed under the explorer and it is about 20 feet further up the road. the ladt driving the car got out and ran. The insurance company only wants to give them 6200 and take the truck. 1500 less in we keep it. :mad: so we are seeing how much we will get from her insurance if she has insurance. the truck is easily worth 10000 with the towing package, upgraded rims, perfect interior and exterior, all power, cd changer, moon roof, and alot more.
so we will get the value plus of the car no matter what it takes.:nice:

but back to the other stuff
there is just so much work to do before summer, I think I will take a semester off school to in the fall, depending on how much I make this summer.
I want my sn95 done but I dont think that will happen soon either. It is going to take about 20000 to get it there:jaw:
well hope you guys have a good mustang season I know I will:D

and can a mod move this to talk...

• Sponsors (?)

I dont have 20 grand in my car altogether, let alone extra to get it running after building it... You must have a good job, or live out in California where things cost 4 times more than what they do in Iowa, and the average wage is twice as high... Sounds like a good find on the fox though.

no, I have an alright job as a senior technition at walgreens pharmacy. I go to college but live at home so it helps. full time at another job and part time at walgreens this summer should make it possible to achive some of that
20000 sound like alot... because it is, but it includes everything.
maximum grip package about 4500
new engine block about 1600
afr 185s about 1600
intake, custom cam, 347 stroker kit, oil pan
paint about 3000-5000
exhaust about 1000
drivetrain about 3000 with new trans
seats, harnesses, harness bar about 1500
new tires about 1000
misc stuff: steering wheel, battery relocation, tint, new headlights and taillights
so it is close if not more
Im up for donations:D

plus I need to still install the big brake kit I got which was on the list

I don't want to sound like a turd, but(t) :D

I would save most of that money and put it towards a house or some kind of decent investment. A 15 year old mustang is a horrible investment. If you were going to put it into a classic, that *might* be different. Otherwise, because of your young age (insert envy), I'd just say to be cautious with such an investment as this. Or if you were in your 40's and/or this amount of money was no biggie, that could be different too. I hate to see a young man talk about taking semesters off from school for a car. I'd do a budget-build pro re nata.

You'll see that a lot of the guys on here with nice combos are very well-to-do IMHO and they don't spend a huge portion of their income (relatively speaking) on the stangs. Relatative moderation.

Sorry to sound like a downer.

Congrats on the new Fox. :nice: We need pics. :p

I know... im trying to put off the whole saving thing.:rolleyes:
a budget is the best way to achive my goal. I just need to construct it. I want to get into some stocks as well. So I figure I can divide my check. 30% to a high interest savings that I will not touch, 20% torward the mustang, 15% torward every day stuff, and the other 35 % I have not decided. I need to put alot of thought into it before it happens.
Thanks for the advise though:D
Yea the semester off school is not for the car it is because Im just not motivated right now, I know that sounds bad but I am getting my associates degree at the end of this semester and was thinking about a semester off and just working to see if thats what I want to do.
I understand your concern though :nice: and it is mine as well that I will not want to go back to school untill too late. I just need that motivation toward school and I think a break will help me:)
It is safe to say that the car will not be done for a while, one step at a time right
Im tying to push off responsibility as long as possible... sometimes

As someone with a good job, no debt, wife, college degree, and a house..........here's how I've handled the car fund situation:

A modest amount goes into an actual bank account (called my car fund) every two weeks (once each paycheck is received). As this account builds, I spend it on either the most important thing needed OR on whatever emergency has occured. No matter what, $300 is what must be left in the account at all times. This system, though seemingly simplistic, has kept the spending under control.

Not bragging or anything, because I'm not rich or anything like that......just living beneath my means.

My first big purchase was going to be the MM Road & Track Kit. Instead of waiting a while to get it, I decided to do it section by section. This turned out great, because I got to "realize" the benefits of better springs/shocks/stuts, then a few more items, followed by a third and final set of parts.

Stay in college for sure and secure your future that way. No guarantees, but the percentages are in your favor and it really is the best investment you can make in yourself. The stang will only get older, so enjoy it in stages over a good long while, unless you think you'll sell it shortly after completing it.