Another " Project Pony" Owner Joins Stangnet.

Bob Tarpey

Dec 12, 2015
Having just purchased a 2003 GT Convertible that had been used, abused, and left for dead, I joined Stangnet knowing I'd find all the answers to my rebuild questions. This is gonna be fun!

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome to :SN tell us more about her
First off, if the car was a "her', I would have passed on it....as I have done before. You see, I've owned many "muscle cars", have had the pleasure of driving NASCAR and Indy cars, and partnering on a NHRA Top Fuel funnycar, NONE of which were called "her". I tend to drive cars hard, MAN handle them occasionally on various road courses, so associating a vehicle with a woman, wouldn't be right. I also name my cars like, Brutus, Max, Duke, etc. This one's just a cruiser, with a number of suspension upgrades in the process.

There's no other reason to buy a Mustang. :shrug:

Mine is a def a "she" though. If you stop listening to her, you will be unpleasantly surprised.

First off, if the car was a "her', I would have passed on it....as I have done before. You see, I've owned many "muscle cars", have had the pleasure of driving NASCAR and Indy cars, and partnering on a NHRA Top Fuel funnycar, NONE of which were called "her". I tend to drive cars hard, MAN handle them occasionally on various road courses, so associating a vehicle with a woman, wouldn't be right. I also name my cars like, Brutus, Max, Duke, etc. This one's just a cruiser, with a number of suspension upgrades in the process.

I certainly understand the sentiment though. hehe

I had the distinct pleasure of spending time with Ford's Special Vehicle Team from 2002-'05, and never heard any of the folks called they're projects "her". "It" was either really good, or a piece of s..t! :)