Another reason to use Ford OEM parts

larrym1961

5 Year Member
Dec 18, 2010
Idaho Falls Id
004.JPG
When I replaced my GT 40 intake with the TFS Street Heat Intake I replaced my sensors also, ECT and ACT. Had a problem over the weekend with my car running like crap, took my Fiance for a ride in my Stang, her first one in it and it started spittering sputtering and missing 1/2 way into the drive and would not run. How fricken emberassing!! Turned out that my awesome SCT eliminator chip was not making good contact and causing the car to run like crap. That problem is fixed and running good again.

Anyway I ran a code test to see what problems I may have been encountering. The first test I did not even get a code 15 as I usually get with the SCT chip in so that told me the chip itself was not making full contact so I fixed that problem. After a warm up and re-test I was got the ole code 15 back with the chip in again and a code 51. Now I know that code can be generated if the water temp is not @ least 50 degrees when tested but my water temp was 150. So I unpluged the connector @ the ECT sensor and found one of the connector pins on the ECT was broke off! It was a new sensor and has only been plugged in once and that was when I installed it! Just goes to show what cheap pieces of crap aftermarket sensors can be.
So if it is not a Ford Motorcraft sensor or TFI (learned my lesson on that with an MSD TFI) it's not going on my car!

• Sponsors (?)