Roush Another Saleen tonneau question.

This guy i know is selling what he says is a Saleen Tonneau cover.I looked at it and its a one peice design that looks very awsome.I'm sure it would look good on my car...but what i am wondering is the tonneau cover i looked at does not have a rubber or foam type of material that kinda goes around the edge of the part of the cover that is right behind the backseat.I have only seen pics of the Saleen cover and they looked like they had a rubber or foam material that went between the rear of the seat and was attached to the cover's edge.Am i right about this on the Saleen cover?Or is the outter ege just painted black?Im not going to buy it if its missing that peice.Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

The speedster tonneau cover for my SA-20 only has a rubber gasket/seal on the sides and back. The front "waterfall" area, the edge closest to the seatbacks, has nothing attached to it.

2005-2007 MUSTANG TONNEAU COVER AND WATERFALL

Two questions about the Tonneau & Waterfall. 1st, Will you be able to put on the tonneau if you have a light bar already installed? 2nd, will you be able to close the top with the Tonneau still in place or do you have to remove it before you raise the top? Please let me know. Thanks.

Two questions about the Tonneau & Waterfall. 1st, Will you be able to put on the tonneau if you have a light bar already installed? 2nd, will you be able to close the top with the Tonneau still in place or do you have to remove it before you raise the top? Please let me know. Thanks.
I can't say about the light bar. It might depend on the year but I've seen where both are on. You have to remove the tonneau to put the top up. Its pretty huge.I don't think you could even store it in the car if you put the top up. Maybe if you put the rear seats down and slid it through the truck but I haven't and won't try. I don't wana scratch anything. The tonneau also has seatbelts on it to clamp down and attach into the car. This is on my 2004.

salenp1.jpg

http://www.haneymotorsport.com/saleen/exterior/aerodynamics/tonneau.JPG

picture courtesy of HaneyMotorsports.

You see the spot for lightbar to clear? If the cover you are looking at does not say Saleen on the bottom somewhere it's not a Saleen part.

There is a company called ABC exclusive that makes nice knockoffs. You can buy them for the lightbar and not. Check it out.

You can not raise the top if the cover is on there. That is where you hear the stories of some guys getting caught in the rain. Yea, they look spectacular but sometimes they are a pain.

There is also the SA-20 style cover that has the light bar attacthed to the cover itself. The lightbar is a lower profile though and makes rear vision almost impossible. Hope that helps.

salenp1.jpg

http://www.haneymotorsport.com/saleen/exterior/aerodynamics/tonneau.JPG

picture courtesy of HaneyMotorsports.

You see the spot for lightbar to clear? If the cover you are looking at does not say Saleen on the bottom somewhere it's not a Saleen part.

There is a company called ABC exclusive that makes nice knockoffs. You can buy them for the lightbar and not. Check it out.

You can not raise the top if the cover is on there. That is where you hear the stories of some guys getting caught in the rain. Yea, they look spectacular but sometimes they are a pain.

There is also the SA-20 style cover that has the light bar attacthed to the cover itself. The lightbar is a lower profile though and makes rear vision almost impossible. Hope that helps.
I was looking at mine with the lightbar attached and I think its removeable. I haven't tried it yet though.