Any 1985 Twister II's Out There?

• Sponsors (?)

It is one of the Jalapena red, 5 spd hatchbacks. I know the original owner pretty well and he gave me all of the documentation, press kit, coaster and the like when he sold me the car back in 1991. Unfortunately, he had not been a big believer in garaging of cars, so the paint is faded, the doors are rusty, and much of the plastic and weatherstripping was already shot back then. I haven't had much chance to play with it since I bought it, but recently I've done some pretty substantial stuff to it. I have retained all of the original components, but have basically replaced the entire drivetrain and suspension. It now has a FRPP GT-40X longblock, BG 650 Speed Demon, Edelbrock intake, BBK shorties, off-road H-pipe, an Accel dizzy, 300+ ignition, Flows, an FRPP aluminum radiator, Eibach springs, Bilstein shocks, and an 8.8 has supplanted the weak 7.5. I've sandblasted and repainted all of the engine accessories, the bellhousing, tranny, driveshaft, etc., but the interior is bone stock. I bought a perfect rear bumper cover, a straight hood, a rust-free hatchback and will probably keep the fenders. The passenger door is completely rusted out, so if anyone knows where I can get a decent door, or even a whole body in the DC area, please let me know. I'm in the market and on a roll. I'm looking at paint in the spring, so if anyone trusts a decent paint and body shop in the DC area, please let me know about that, also. Happy New Year!

Some Pix

Well, I finally ventured out into the cold and clicked a couple of quick and low quality pix. Scanning something in for post here looks unlikely due to file size, but I'll try to post something to my page and add a link. Sorry these took so long to post.

Attachments

• TwisterEyes.JPG
    TwisterEyes.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 337
  • RtSideTwisterIICrop.JPG
    RtSideTwisterIICrop.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 592
A good friend of mine in High School had one. Spent many summer nights making keg runs in that car. Car was spunout, then hit a telephone pole back in 1992 and was later crushed(guy that owned the salvage yard ran over it with a bulldozer).

It was a really sweet car back in the late 80's.

I wanted to buy a 70 twister special that had just been redone, it was a 351 clevland 4V with a 4 speed. But the bank would not give me a loan because it was twenty years old. It would have been two big of a risk (a%&*^*%) wasn't two happy about it. The guy only wanted $6,000. 2 month's after I bought my 95 GTS I found a bank that loans money for classics. I was really pissed.

Twister II GMP model?

Hey Guys,

I just started up with the GMP diecast crew here in Ga about 3 months ago. I was brought on as a product development guy and I'm working on a few 1:18th scale 85-93 Mustang diecast programs. One concept I'd like to try and see if I could get into production would be an '85 Mustang Twister II diecast. I have a bit of reference from the Mustang GT registry but would love to get as much as possible. Nice pictures of the Coaster and dash plaque would be great. If anybody has one or can direct me to some owners I'd appreciate it.
I've always liked the 85-86 4-eyed cars. I've owned my 1985 LX 5.0 Notchback for about 5 years now. It's an original factory 5.0 5 speed coupe with only about 75,000 original miles on the clock. The interior is still 100% stock. I can't say the same for the rest. I've installed a complete exhaust system including jet hot coated full length headers, a Ford crate motor -93-95 cobra shortblock, GT40X heads (soon to be Trick Flow Track Heats), Perf. RPM intake, Holley 650 DP, MSD ignition system and distributor, Tremec TKO, Pro 5.0 shifter, Posi rear with 31 splines and a 4:10 gear. I just recently converted the car to 5 lug with anthracite grey spoked 17" Bullitts. I also have a cervini 4" cowl hood, PST boxed control arms, FMS lowering springs, and KYB struts and shocks. I still have many more mods planned which will put the car above 400 hp all motor and keep it a nice driveable street car.
I'm actually looking for an 86 5.0 convertible too. I don't think I want another carbed car - think I'd like to try EFI.

Anyways, any other info on these cars would be great. I 'll check out the above posted links for more info.

Thanks guys!

-John

Coaster Pix Posted

Check out the link in my original post. I've added 4 pictures of the coaster to the page. On the back it says:

The Enterprise Collection LTD.
816-331-9112
HAND CRAFTED IN U.S.A.

They may still have the script lying around somewhere if you contact them. :shrug: