Any ford workers out there?How much time does it take to build a 05 Mustang?

royb

Apr 24, 2004
any ford employee's out there? does it take an hour or longer to build a mustang? what's an average time to get one out the door an on the way to the dealer?

• Sponsors (?)

Well, if they're expecting to build 160,000 Stangs this year, divided by 365 days, that would be 438.35 Mustangs a day. If they have days off, that number would be higher per day then.

royb said:
any ford employee's out there? does it take an hour or longer to build a mustang? what's an average time to get one out the door an on the way to the dealer?
It takes about a day from start to finish to build a single Mustang. That's typical of most cars. Of course, they are on an assembly line and many are being built simultaneously, so a new one rolls off the end of the line fairly often.

Rootus said:
It takes about a day from start to finish to build a single Mustang. That's typical of most cars. Of course, they are on an assembly line and many are being built simultaneously, so a new one rolls off the end of the line fairly often.

I thought i heard somewhere one rolles off the line like every 2 minutes.

365 divided by 7 = 52.142

so about 52 weeks in a year

so subtract 52 sundays from 365

365 - 52 = 313

160,000 stangs divided by 313 = 511.182

so about 511 stangs a day minus sundays

the number would be higher counting holidays etc.

511 divided by an 8 hour day = about 64 an hour

64 divided by 60 mins in an hour = 1.0666

so about 1 stang rolls off every 1 minute 6 days a week.

The number per day would be higher but I don't know what holidays and the amount of hours they work I don't know just guessed 8.

Rainz said:
365 divided by 7 = 52.142

so about 52 weeks in a year

so subtract 52 sundays from 365

365 - 52 = 313

160,000 stangs divided by 313 = 511.182

so about 511 stangs a day minus sundays

the number would be higher counting holidays etc.

511 divided by an 8 hour day = about 64 an hour

64 divided by 60 mins in an hour = 1.0666

so about 1 stang rolls off every 1 minute 6 days a week.

The number per day would be higher but I don't know what holidays and the amount of hours they work I don't know just guessed 8.

They are working 10 hour shifts + Saturdays, as long as there are no parts shortages or other problems.

You need to figure in 10 holidays + 2 weeks vacation shut down, so there are only 48 working weeks.

That MAXIUM production capacity @ AAI is 282,000 vehicles per year (2 x 10 hour shifts). But that # includes both Mazda 6s and '05 Stangs.

I was told by a Ford manager (at one of the Mustang events) that the MAXIMUM # of Mustangs they could build per year was 195,000. But that # assumes that there are NO parts shortages, NO production line problems, NO equipment break downs, etc., etc.

They close for one or two weeks at Christmas. In Noember this year they have off 2-election day, 12 for veterans day plus Thanksgiving. I think you will get a 47 or 48 week year. They work 5 days per week and only go to Staurdays to make up for production(new intro, parts shortage, line problems). I think they make around 850 per day max. As of Friday 18,000 units had been made. Don't forget Mazda is in the mix. Last week they made 2,988 units. Still gearing up.