Any News on the Shelby / Spy pics ect.

BLKGT03

Apr 8, 2003
Wichita KS
I know they final production version is to be displayed at the Detroit show this coming weekend. I was hoping someone might have some news or pic's of the final production car.

I sure hope they improved the hood they dispayed on the rag top prototype. The Concept car from last year had a cool looking hood, but the rag top version had some other kind of hood on it. Flat and cheap looking plastick inserts. I sure hope that is not the hood they are going with.

Also there was talk last year of another model like a Boss or Mach comming in 2007. Anyone here anthing about that.

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah, there are some big things coming up for the mustang. A few Ford people here in Detroit have said this but are being tight lipped about what is coming after the GT500. I guess we'll have to wait and see on the hood issue. The ones I've seen on the freeways around Detroit have the revised hood.

For the 2007 model year, there will also be a "California Special", which is just a GT dressed up. There are no performance changes that I am aware of. It has a different lower front fascia, lower rear fascia, side scopes, hood scopes and the Plenum cover. Can't remember if there are any other changes of hand. Expect another Special Edition in 2008, although I am not sure what, but I would have to guess a Bullitt.

Hey folks....

I was at the auto show. I was only able to remember to snap off 1 photo of the instrument cluster of the GT500. I left the photo at work, so I can't post it up for everyone until tomorrow night. Sorry guys!

IMO: The car looks good, but the inside looks just like the GT model.