Any tricks or tips for 87-93 headlight install?

ChaseRoads

do I need to lube this area?
Oct 29, 2020
midwestern america
Started the install of new 6 piece headlights in my 91 and found I had a broken adjuster. Waiting on the new one and figured I’d ask. Any tricks or tips to install
Them? Any tricks to keep the gasket in place? Easy way to get to the hard to reach nuts?

• Sponsors (?)

1) Make sure you put tape on top of the bumper when installing. 2) It takes a lot longer to do then it looks (at least I did). Some bolts are easiest to get to through top, underneath and on passenger side, I think I had to go through the fender well to get to some bolts.3) Spend the time to adjust/aim accordingly when finished.

Some before and after. Could use a little adjusting , but much better.

For order of install. I suggest the inside blinker, then set the main headlight but not tighten then up or install the bulb, then set the side marker making sure the gaskets stay in Place, then tighten the center , then the side.

Attachments

• 1C3B3595-FB95-47D4-AD18-2D9C7115CDF2.jpeg
    1C3B3595-FB95-47D4-AD18-2D9C7115CDF2.jpeg
    463.8 KB · Views: 33
  • 28ADF8A7-6F25-4B21-8EB4-AF7A32E02726.jpeg
    28ADF8A7-6F25-4B21-8EB4-AF7A32E02726.jpeg
    478 KB · Views: 33
Reactions: 1 users
I had my kids do it. Seriously.

Little hands can get in there better. With fresh hardware and new lights, they were able to spin all the nuts down finger tight. I tried to see if they could wrench them on but that failed. I was able to get most of them with my gorilla hands.

Reactions: 1 users
I had my kids do it. Seriously.

Little hands can get in there better. With fresh hardware and new lights, they were able to spin all the nuts down finger tight. I tried to see if they could wrench them on but that failed. I was able to get most of them with my gorilla hands.
You’re not joking. Passenger side was not so bad, but drivers side was awful. The airbag sensors are all in the worst places