• Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-

Any word of other specialty Mustangs?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MotorCityMan
  • Start date Start date Sep 10, 2005
M

MotorCityMan

New Member
Aug 11, 2005
1
0
0
Sep 10, 2005
#1
  • Sep 10, 2005
  • #1
Has anybody heard anything about any specialty Mustangs other than the GT500 or have any idea how CA Special will look and perform?

It's killing me! I've finally reached a financail point in my life where I can purchase one of the things I've long sought after but I want it to something of significance, not your everyday production model (if you get what I mean). I've been looking at classic muscle cars as well but to find one that’s been unmolested and with low miles, you better dig deep. I'm fixed on buying something new, right off the line, and we all know that the GT500 is going to be damn near untouchable. Any word on Henry producing another Mach?
 
M

MSP

Sep 10, 2005
#2
  • Sep 10, 2005
  • #2
I think there are rumors of a GT350! That might be your car!
 

351CJ

New Member
Dec 11, 2002
1,732
1
0
Sep 10, 2005
#3
  • Sep 10, 2005
  • #3
Sombody on Brad's site posted an image of the Ford parts system drawing of the 07 factory hood scoop. So something besides the GT500 is difinately happening.
 
M

MSP

Sep 10, 2005
#4
  • Sep 10, 2005
  • #4
What I would love to see, is since they will be putting the 5.4 Liter in the GT500, they realease a GT350 with a 5.0 Liter.... That would take the cake.. A new 5.0!


So you would have the

GT= 4.6

GT350= 5.0

GT500= 5.4

I think this is the way i'll do it.. Let me call Mr. Shelby, and tell him to make it happen!
 
M

MSP

Sep 10, 2005
#5
  • Sep 10, 2005
  • #5
Talked with Mr. Shelby, and he likes the idea.. You can start placing orders around mid July of 06 for a late December early Janurary delivery.. You heard it here first!

So the car will be a 2007 GT 350 N/A 5.0 375HP/410FT. Lbs TQ! This leaves the SC up to you..

One more thing..

Coupe pricing starts at $34,500 Plus Tax&License+Delivery charges..
 

Smeech

Member
Feb 28, 2004
148
1
16
Fremont, Ca
Sep 10, 2005
#6
  • Sep 10, 2005
  • #6
ha I wish it was that easy! But I think for cost's sake it'd be cheaper to put a n/a 3v 5.4l ohc or even a n/a dohc 5.4l in than have to go through all the costs making a new 5.0..
 

GOLDENPONY

Founding Member
Jan 23, 2002
1,503
0
36
LOVELAND, OHIO
Sep 11, 2005
#7
  • Sep 11, 2005
  • #7
Speciality Mustangs

According to 5.0 mag, Ford is planning an '08 Bullitt
 

Blakthorn

Member
Jul 24, 2004
299
1
16
US
Sep 11, 2005
#8
  • Sep 11, 2005
  • #8
All these other car companies are making tons of special models, i think ford better kick it up with something else to compete, the SRT cars from dodge and chystler have crazy HP ratings, and then you have the CTS V from caddy...
 
C

CA Lightfoot

Member
Jun 12, 2004
40
0
7
Colorado
Sep 11, 2005
#9
  • Sep 11, 2005
  • #9
I see a need for specialty Mustangs in a few years, especially if the Dodge Challenger & Chevy Camaro make it to production. But not for '06. Ford can't even meet demand for the Mustang GT.

I'm looking forward to the special editions. And I fully expect my next Mustang will be one. Make mine a GT350 or Mach 1 or Boss with n/a 5.4L. But that's down the road.
 
M

MSP

Sep 11, 2005
#10
  • Sep 11, 2005
  • #10
Smeech said:
ha I wish it was that easy! But I think for cost's sake it'd be cheaper to put a n/a 3v 5.4l ohc or even a n/a dohc 5.4l in than have to go through all the costs making a new 5.0..
Click to expand...

Why not just use the 5.0 Litre Cammer Engine.?

http://www.gefracing.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=G&Category_Code=CRATES
 

jwgroovin

New Member
Apr 4, 2005
97
0
0
Westminster, MD
Sep 12, 2005
#11
  • Sep 12, 2005
  • #11
MotorCityMan said:
Has anybody heard anything about any specialty Mustangs other than the GT500 or have any idea how CA Special will look and perform?
Click to expand...

I wanted Ford to do a Boss, but couldn't wait, so I started my own...
 

Attachments

  • theboss2.webp
    48.9 KB · Views: 190

RandyB

New Member
Feb 20, 2004
307
0
0
Tx.
Sep 12, 2005
#12
  • Sep 12, 2005
  • #12
MSP said:
What I would love to see, is since they will be putting the 5.4 Liter in the GT500, they realease a GT350 with a 5.0 Liter.... That would take the cake.. A new 5.0!


So you would have the

GT= 4.6

GT350= 5.0

GT500= 5.4

I think this is the way i'll do it.. Let me call Mr. Shelby, and tell him to make it happen!
Click to expand...

GT350 = 5.4 3V All Aluminum.

There is no 5.0.
 
0

03 SVT VERT

New Member
Jun 7, 2004
154
0
0
Sep 12, 2005
#13
  • Sep 12, 2005
  • #13
MSP said:
Why not just use the 5.0 Litre Cammer Engine.?

http://www.gefracing.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=G&Category_Code=CRATES
Click to expand...


Not street legal, while the 5.4L or Supercharged 4.6L is.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

F
Ford 460 swap
  • Ford460
  • Sep 13, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
194
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 14, 2026
Ford460
F
Place to Avoid: Jamison Auto Group in Gulfport, MS
  • D Durden
  • Oct 20, 2025
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • 2 3
Replies
46
Views
3K
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jul 16, 2026
Noobz347
C
Progress Thread 2004 Comp Orange GT
  • ctandc
  • Jun 26, 2023
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2 3 4
Replies
61
Views
5K
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Today at 11:15 AM
squeak93
SOLD 1993 Reef Blue 2 Tone GT Convertible 80k miles
  • ReefBlueGT
  • Jul 29, 2022
  • Fox Body Mustangs For Sale (1979-93)
Replies
0
Views
4K
Fox Body Mustangs For Sale (1979-93) Jul 29, 2022
ReefBlueGT
Foxtoberfest 2022
  • FastDriver
  • Sep 6, 2022
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
31
Views
8K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Oct 31, 2022
Ford Moore
F
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?