Anybody else when shopping for Cars check the aftermarket

• Sponsors (?)

lol, b4 i got into mustangs i was doing the exact samething.. i was looking at eclipes' and eagle talons.. lol imsorry to say it but yeah i once wanted to be a ricer... but i never bought one... i went streight for the stang..

No, but most of my friends do so I know what you're saying. Me, I don't want to spend any money on my other car because I'd just think that I could've done something else to the Mustang instead :)

Plus I don't love other cars like I love my Stang, so I wouldn't want to modify another anyway.

I know exactly what you are talking about. The mod bug hit me a long time ago and I've been sick ever since. My stang is currently up for sale and I'm looking for a SUV (probably a jeep grand cherokee or dodge durango) and before I even started shopping for one I looked into what I could do to it. Modding potential is pretty much near the top of the list of things I look for in a car. Though I must admit, I'm starting to get over the itch to do major mods and have just been looking into things such as retrofitting factory navigation, HID upgrades, etc.

Not really. When it comes to a DD, i really only want to do a few choice appearance items and that's it.

My '03 GT is my DD, and aside from some flows and an MGW shifter it's stock mechanically. I did a few appearance mods here and there, but no more than that.

I'm now looking at G35's and aside from some tint, maybe wheels, and some nice brakes and a shifter, it will be staying stock.

I have my Fox to tinker with

I'm now looking at G35's and aside from some tint, maybe wheels, and some nice brakes and a shifter, it will be staying stock.

You looking at a coupe or 4dr? Oh and the brembo's are a must. I used to have a 350z and swapped on OEM brembos and it was a night and day difference both on the track with much less fade as well as a better pedal feel on the street. And I'd stick with the stock shifter, it is short from the factory and often aftermarket shifters are way too notchy.

You looking at a coupe or 4dr? Oh and the brembo's are a must. I used to have a 350z and swapped on OEM brembos and it was a night and day difference both on the track with much less fade as well as a better pedal feel on the street. And I'd stick with the stock shifter, it is short from the factory and often aftermarket shifters are way too notchy.

Was interested in the coupe...until the '07 Sedan came out. Now i can't make up my mind since taking an '07 sedan 6-spd Sport for a ride. It's a nice car and makes the coupes look a little dated. I'm wondering if the coupe will be getting a restyle and if they are, i think i'll wait and see what they look like.

Was interested in the coupe...until the '07 Sedan came out. Now i can't make up my mind since taking an '07 sedan 6-spd Sport for a ride. It's a nice car and makes the coupes look a little dated. I'm wondering if the coupe will be getting a restyle and if they are, i think i'll wait and see what they look like.

I agree that the coupe is looking a bit dated compared to the new sedan, but i still think it is one of the nicest looking coupes out there... and you gotta love the VQ35DE engine. Apparently the next g35 coupe is going to take styling cues from the GT-R concept. But I admit, I'm a bit rusty on my nissan/infiniti knowledge since selling my Z a year ago. Good luck with whatever route you go.

Not really. When it comes to a DD, i really only want to do a few choice appearance items and that's it.

My '03 GT is my DD, and aside from some flows and an MGW shifter it's stock mechanically. I did a few appearance mods here and there, but no more than that.

I have my Fox to tinker with

I think pretty much the same way, no real reason to do a bunch of stuff to a daily driver mechanical wise the closer to stock the more dependable it will be which is what you would want. When and if I buy another pickup it will prob just be getting a catback and a better air filter when its time to change it, theres just so many other things to buy.

I think i have a Modifying addiction.

I have my 88GT which gets most of the attention. My current DD is a 98 Cherokee and i can't stay away from the jeepforums. Now im working on a lift, doing some fiberglass speaker enclosures, just bought some new wheels and tires. Then there is my bike. I had it stock for a day, then it got new tires, Fox twin clicker rear shock, Racetech front springs, steering stabilizer, sliders, indiglo guages, clear LED tailight, HID conversion. Now im swapping fairings and other plastic and modding them onto this bike and getting it ready for paint. Then there is my Other stang the 86 t-top coupe. which once i sell the GT will be my main concern there after. it has a couple years of work to go before it will be off the stands and on some wheels

I've found the hard way that it just isn't economically practical to mod your DD very much, if at all. Inevitably, some tool is just going to ruin the car for you - totalling it in an accident, hitting it in the parking lot, breaking in and stealing stuff, etc. - and insurance companies will almost NEVER pay you anything near what you've got invested in the vehicle. Best to just buy a car that's comfy, fairly decent on gas, and already has a fair amount of pep to it, and then save all your extra bucks for your toy car. For me, that means a '94-'97 T-bird/Cougar/Mark VIII, or any Aero-bodied Panther ('92+ Crown Vic, Grand Marquis, Town Car) - and FWIW, a lot of aftermarket 'Stang parts already can be made to work on those cars, as well.

When I bought my truck new i did not look into what the aftermarket had for tundras. I'm not interested in modding the thing like a mustang but I do like to personalize my truck from other tundras. I put on a set of BBS wheels, had some paint work done to it, leveling kit and some other exterior things. Later on when the warranty expires I plan on small lift kit, bigger tires, and upgrading the stereo system.

I noticed myself doing that today.... I was scanning alittle bit for a DD and noticed myself checking the aftermarket to see what I could do to it......Anybody else do that anytime they look at a car. I am looking for something 4wd or AWD.

yea i scan for a DD ill be in the market sooner or later and i do the same thing! i had a WRX which was awesome just cost too much. But i definatly search the aftermarket for some goodies!

I know exactly what you are talking about. The mod bug hit me a long time ago and I've been sick ever since. My stang is currently up for sale and I'm looking for a SUV (probably a jeep grand cherokee or dodge durango) and before I even started shopping for one I looked into what I could do to it. Modding potential is pretty much near the top of the list of things I look for in a car. Though I must admit, I'm starting to get over the itch to do major mods and have just been looking into things such as retrofitting factory navigation, HID upgrades, etc.

Dude your like me! lol im getting into the smaller things for my dd, like you said navigation, HID's nice sounding stereo (not some huge bass thumper) just making my dd mine

I think i have a Modifying addiction.

I have my 88GT which gets most of the attention. My current DD is a 98 Cherokee and i can't stay away from the jeepforums. Now im working on a lift, doing some fiberglass speaker enclosures, just bought some new wheels and tires. Then there is my bike. I had it stock for a day, then it got new tires, Fox twin clicker rear shock, Racetech front springs, steering stabilizer, sliders, indiglo guages, clear LED tailight, HID conversion. Now im swapping fairings and other plastic and modding them onto this bike and getting it ready for paint. Then there is my Other stang the 86 t-top coupe. which once i sell the GT will be my main concern there after. it has a couple years of work to go before it will be off the stands and on some wheels

right now my DD is a 92 cherokee and im doing the same thing over at jeepforum.com as well! only i dont plan on keeping it long but may replace with a 99+ grand cherokee or explorer havent decided yet! id like to remain ford loyal thus im pusing for an explorer but if a grand cherokee comes along thats a better deal im all over it!

Hey NoPantz, your sig pic looks really cool. Any bigger pics of the car?

Its a photoshop of hopefully what my car will look like when I am done with all the work....:D

bullittproject-1.jpg

Again this isnt my car ....but is what I am hoping for mine too look like when its done....

Anyways the reason I started this thread is I was checking out Dodge Chargers specifically the AWD Version with the Hemi. Anyone driven one of these yet.....I'm assuming they can be quite fun.

Attachments

• bullittproject-1.jpg
    bullittproject-1.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 68
Anyways the reason I started this thread is I was checking out Dodge Chargers specifically the AWD Version with the Hemi. Anyone driven one of these yet.....I'm assuming they can be quite fun.

awesome, I test drove one and was really close to buying it; but I went with the truck instead. There's a fairly large aftermarket for those and growing by the minute...however, I'm not so sure about the AWD...I think you NEED to get the RWD, just for funs sake.

They ride pretty nice, and make some good power even though it's such a large car.