Anybody figure out their car is too low after its too late???

iskwezm

10 Year Member
May 24, 2005
Rowland Heights,California
I've had a slow leak in my right rear tire for a while but kept putting it off.................till it went flat at work.Luckily I had my 2 ton jack in the trunk............but it wouldnt go under the car so I had to call AAA:rolleyes:

Well, i couldnt decide if i wanted OEM tires or new wheels then I found these on Craigslist for $800.00,came off a Infinity G35.My buddy went to look at them for me to find out one had peeling chrome, but liveable for a whileand the rest are decent with ZERO curb rash.Any ew played good cop/bad cop and i picked them up for $480 with new rear tires, the fronts are about 5/32 so maybe another year.Then i bought 4 OEM 18"BFG's KDWs for 120.00 with 6,000 miles for my stockers so my wife doesnt curb these:rlaugh:

They arent my first choice, but the price was right.
Whatcu guys think:shrug:

P1000911.jpg

P1000912.jpg

P1000910.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

The wheels aren't my favorites, but man those rubber bands look terrible (personally). But hey, for the price, you could probably get them rechromed and still make money off of them. Or just buy some taller tires.

Not a big fan of rubber bands, either.

Over here on the Detroit side...on Woodward Avenue... people run drag radials or full slicks on the weekends.

Foose wheels are cool, but those don't look that great...too big in my opinion. Would look killer in flat black.

My wife doesn't drive my Mustang. She says it's too low, too stiff, too loud, too fast. She prefers her G35x. At 300 hp and all wheel drive with all the technology stuff (headlights look around the turns the navi unit tells you to take and so on) I can't fault her.

Rims and tires are so personal I can't figure why you'd ask what others think. I'm still on the 18" fan rims that came stock on the car. I won't replace them until I have to for bigger brakes next year (that's the minimum time I expect I'll have to wait after paying for the supercharger before my wife won't complain).

I can't say that I like them.. But as long as you do. Thefront tires are bald on the outer edge though. Looks like they deffinetely came off a G35/350Z.
their bald??? what, i didnt even see that???:rolleyes:

You must know something i dont if you can tell what kind of car they came off of.The offset is the same(for this wheel) for a mustang

This must be the wrong crowd, because everybody that doesnt like them is still on stock 17 or 18's and live in the midwest.

Oh well, i asked for opinions:(

You must know something i dont if you can tell what kind of car they came off of.The offset is the same(for this wheel) for a mustang

This must be the wrong crowd, because everybody that doesnt like them is still on stock 17 or 18's and live in the midwest.

They sure look like they are scrubbed on the sides.

Seriously bud, you asked for opinions, you're going to get them. Don't get so worked up about it. It's your car. :shrug:

In the picture that shows the tire slightly turned it looks like the outer edge is worn quite a bit, almost looks like the tread is worn off completely. The reason I say that they sure look like they cane from a G35/350Z is because those cars have issues with their rear suspension geometry that causes horrible tire wear on the outside edges. I can't even count the number of them that I've worked on that needed tires with less than 15-20k miles.

But thumper said, you asked for opinions. People gave opinions. You don't have to like them, that's the beauty of opinions. As long as YOU like them, that is all that matters, regardless of wether or not I like them.

As far as the part about everyone having stock 17s. I will also be the first to say that I hate my stock wheels. They are way too light of a color on an Alloy car, and they detract a lot from my cars coolness. But I cannot afford rims, let alone tires, so that's what I have.

I KNOW the fronts are worn. Ive sold wheels and tires in the past.Being that they are used, its a little wierd people pick that out like I wouldnt know.Maybe im a little deffensive, but this isnt the first mustang on 20's.I posted on a few other forums, and there is a HUGE following for 20's on the west cost and as you go east, people tend to like smaller wheels and really knock bigger wheels:shrug:

Like I also said, the wheels were NOT my first choice, but for under $500 bucks, im not going to complain and nit pick since I really couldnt afford what I wanted.And I still have my stock 18's with new BFG's in case i ever go the middle of the US:D

I don't really think anyone was knocking the size of the wheel. A lot of people including myself have 20s. A few were just saying the tires were too thin and the fronts were wore out.
what size tires do you have???The only other size everybody recommends is a 285/30 rear and a 255/35 front.To my calculations that only a gain of .5" per sidewall. Not sure if thats noticable, but there isnt too many choices since the car is so low

Mehhh on the wheel and tire combination. They make the brakes look like ash trays and are sporting all the wrong kind of “bling” IMO. Either way, they definitely don't look at home on a Mustang. :shrug:

.5 inch of sidewall makes a big difference.

But I wasn't knocking the size of the wheel, I just said they aren't my style. If you want me to though, I can, it's a Mustang, not an 88 caprice. 20s are way too big. there, you happy? But that's my opinion, you should not care. I bet thumper doesn't care (then again his 20s look ok to me). I bet noone else on here cares.

Also, I did not say you didn't know the tires were bald, I just pointed it out. And you said you think they have another year left in them, and mentioned 5/32 of tread. So, since you asked for it, I WILL point out what you do not know. The tread at the thickest part of the tire does not mean much. And if it did, 5/32 is nothing , as the legal limit is 3/32. The tread being completely bald on the outer edge creates a safety problem and a potential alignment problem, which makes the thicker tread in the middle insignificant. I would not give them another year, if they look as bad as they do in the picture, and the car was on my rack getting inspected, I'd tell you you need new tires in a couple months.

And if you don't like them, why'd you buy them? I don't know about you, but if I couldn't afford my first choice, I'd keep my money until I did. Coulda got the flat fixed on thes tock wheel, couldn't you?

But, like I said, if YOU LIKE THEM, then that's great. You asked for opinions, don't get so defensive when everyone's OPINION differs from yours.

Just another opinion (from the West Coast), 20's are too big for the Mustang. They draw attention away from the great lines of the body, and cause you to look at the disproportionately large wheels. Beyond that, the tires are WAY too thin.

However, I'll agree that you got a great price on them.

Since everybody's putting their $.02 in I'll put mine in. Those wheels just scream bling bling instead of musclecar. Definately not for me, but all that counts is how you like them.