Anybody have Edelbrock 500 cfm carb?

• Sponsors (?)

I have an Edelbrock 650 Thunder AVS on mine. I have had little trouble with it. Part of the problems I had was related to trash that somehow got into the bowls and too much fuel pressure. Overall, I think its a nice carb.

I prefer Edelbrock over Holley on most street applications, but thats just me.

Another carb that might be a good fit for you would be the Autolite 4 bbl. I forgot what number it is.

I've been having trouble with the car lately, and the carb is part of the problem, if not the entire problem. I'm not sure if it just needs to be rebuilt or what, its about 8 years old. At throttle, I can see that one barrel is getting way more fuel than the other (maybe normal, maybe not) and it just runs rough, surges and stutters. I've gone through everything else on the car, and its fine, so by elimination, I'm guessing its a carb problem. Overall, this one has never seemed to be perfect anyway, even after extensive tuning.

i have never used such a small carb but have ran the 600 and 750 cfm both on a 306 carbed motor with great results. I would say the 600 performer would be a great carb for yah.

I have a 500 cfm Edel on my 306. It runs very well and is snappy off the line. The motor has alum heads, moderate cam, and tri-ys. I have no complaints up to 5000 rpms. - have not pushed it beyond that.

I am having a autolite 4100 1.08 rebuilt at pony carbs. Should have it back next week. My motor is about the same as yours and currently the carb I have is not working correctly. If I am to believe all the propaganda from Pony Carbs, this should be the best thing since sliced bread. I will keep you posted on how well it runs.