Anybody have maximum motorsport drag race LCA's?

spederman

Apr 13, 2005
I just got the adjustable MM drag race LCA's and a MM rear sway installed today with my new brakes. Question for those who have the drag race LCA's, since they have all spherical bushings, i know they transmit more road noise. My question is what kind of road noise, is it just going to be a little louder in my car? The reason i ask is because i have this whine that i hear now after the install. Its kind of like a jet turbine sound coming from the rear of the car. Its not super loud, but enough to where i can tell there is now a new sound. Does anybody have this type of a sound with there LCA's?

I have also noticed that its a tad of a harsher ride. When i hit a bump in the road or run over something, you can feel it. Not so much jarring, but you can feel more of the imperfections in the road now. I havent tested them out yet, no hard launching or taking corners to see if it handles a lot better, but the car does feel a ton stiffer.

• Sponsors (?)

spederman said:
I just got the adjustable MM drag race LCA's and a MM rear sway installed today with my new brakes. Question for those who have the drag race LCA's, since they have all spherical bushings, i know they transmit more road noise. My question is what kind of road noise, is it just going to be a little louder in my car? The reason i ask is because i have this whine that i hear now after the install. Its kind of like a jet turbine sound coming from the rear of the car. Its not super loud, but enough to where i can tell there is now a new sound. Does anybody have this type of a sound with there LCA's?

I have also noticed that its a tad of a harsher ride. When i hit a bump in the road or run over something, you can feel it. Not so much jarring, but you can feel more of the imperfections in the road now. I havent tested them out yet, no hard launching or taking corners to see if it handles a lot better, but the car does feel a ton stiffer.

The sound your hearing is most likely the LCA's. That is, if you started hearing the noise after the install.

You made the right decision. MM makes some awesome sh1t from what I hear.

the98stang said:
The sound your hearing is most likely the LCA's. That is, if you started hearing the noise after the install.
QUOTE]

That's what i am hoping. The only reason i wondered what else it could be is because i had the rear cobra disc conversion done also, and you have to pull the axles which means opening and draining the differential. I didnt know if they can screw up something while doing that which would give me that sound also. I guess i'm just being paranoid.