Anybody heard Flowmaster's new 3" exhaust with the Scavenger Pipe?

I just read this article yesterday in the new Fast Fords issue about a new 3" header back exhaust system that Flowmaster just came out for the Fox body. It uses some new kind of mid pipe that they call the Scavenger pipe and uses some kind of D-shaped crossover or something and they say it has a really good sound to it that is different from an x-pipe or h-pipe.

Just wondering if anybody has heard it yet or anything?

• Sponsors (?)

caseywan said:
I just read this article yesterday in the new Fast Fords issue about a new 3" header back exhaust system that Flowmaster just came out for the Fox body. It uses some new kind of mid pipe that they call the Scavenger pipe and uses some kind of D-shaped crossover or something and they say it has a really good sound to it that is different from an x-pipe or h-pipe.

Just wondering if anybody has heard it yet or anything?

Haven't heard of it but a 3 inch sounds different anyways.

i have heard it with a e-cam, trickflow 306. and it sounded just plain WICKED! very different but very good! youll be very happy with the sound. now the torque loss i doubt youll be happy with.

Are we talking a true dual 3", or two 2.5" pipes into a single 3", like on an F-Body? Unless you're running forced induction and/or nitrous, or you've got one HELLUVA built-up motor, I'm having a hard time seeing where anyone would really NEED a 3" dual setup...

Darkwriter77 said:
Are we talking a true dual 3", or two 2.5" pipes into a single 3", like on an F-Body? Unless you're running forced induction and/or nitrous, or you've got one HELLUVA built-up motor, I'm having a hard time seeing where anyone would really NEED a 3" dual setup...

I feel that i woiuld benefit top end by going 3".

Gains? Maybe if you're spinning upwards of 7000 RPM and pushing well over the 300-horse mark. Anything under that, you're just losing more bottom-end than anything else. Sure, it'd sound mean, but if it doesn't actually have any go-fast moves to go with it, welllllll...

Like someone else said, I'm not interested in the kit cause it's $800. I'm just curious as to what that scavenger pipe sounds like compared to an x-pipe or an h-pipe, cause personally I can tell a big difference in sound between and h-pipe and an x-pipe and want to know what this thing sounds like compared to those two.

Do they make that scavenger pipe in anything but 3"?