Anybody knows where I can buy these hangers for the h-pipe?

jfman

Jan 13, 2006
Think I can buy that online somewhere ?

hanger.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

haha nice microsoft paint chop!

i think 50resto.com sells them, not sure if you have a manual or automatic but try this

79-93 HANGER, H-PIPE, MANUAL MUSTANG

That's actualy photobucket edit :p

Thank you for that link. Well I called the dealer and they say that part does not exist. :bs: I even gave them the part number and nothing. I kinda need this ASAP was hoping I could get it from the Ford dealer here in GA.:shrug:

Ok think I found one from local salvage yard.

NOW.... Onto the cat back section.

hhmmmm.... My exhaust does not have these on it. Do I need them? Any way to mount something like that w/o a welder?

exhaust-1.jpg

Ok think I found one from local salvage yard.

NOW.... Onto the cat back section.

hhmmmm.... My exhaust does not have these on it. Do I need them? Any way to mount something like that w/o a welder?

exhaust-1.jpg

Some of the Flowmaster Kits had that hanger welded to the clamp for the back of the muffler. May be able to get someone to make you some pretty cheap.

That is a 99-04 catback exhaust. They have a hanger on the muffler and on the tailpipe for added stability.

The fox only have the hanger on the muffler, so you don't need those.

BTW: I checked ebay and USED exhaust hangers go for $40+!!! I remember i bought a NEW one on ebay for $10 a few years back. Wow when stuff gets discontinued it shoots up!! Remind me to pull these off any parts cars I rip apart and junk and ebay them!

Do you have hangers on the exhaust behind the mufflers????? Like stated above, the Fox cars had only one hanger at the back of the muffler where the newer cars had 2 hangers. If you do not have a hanger at the back of each muffler, you will need some!!

On the catback, the only hangers I have is ont he tailpipes. There is nothign else on my flowmasters :-(

But on the car I removed the flows from there was two hanger hooks bolted o the floorpan above the muffles. They looked to be OEM similar in design to the ones for the tailpies. but yeah nothing on the mufflers.

jfman, I am sure you could get any muffler shop to make you a couple of these, or weld hangers directly to your mufflers once you get them installed.

These are the hangers that the older Flowmaster kits used.......

23jpn9.jpg

2vi49s3.jpg

Hope that helps you out or gives you some ideas........if you get in a bind, let me know, I will send you these........

Thanks for posting this. I think I seen one of those laying around my friends shop lol.

Also I found out why he wasnt running the hpipe hanger. It would not work at all with his h-pipe that came with the car. I had to cut the hpipe hanger in two seperate sections so i could swivel them to the right angle for the rods on the hpipe. I also had to bend the rods to get the right positioning. Took my 2-3 hours to put a h-pipe in. Not very proud of myself but it's done and it's very sturdy.

Thanks for all the help it's very much apreciated!

NOW MORE PROBLEMS!!!

The tailpipes almost touch the tires. There's only ~1/8 inch of play so I know they will rub when I start driving the car.

My wheels looked sunked into the body anyway so I'll need to run a spacer. What is the thicknes I can run on the spacer? I have the ranger axles with the long studs on it.