Anybody run Denso Iridium plugs?

Jason 302

10 Year Member
Aug 9, 2003
Newark, Ohio
My AFR 165's i have coming recommend Autolite 3924 plugs (as starting point). I've tryed to research this plug at their website to find out what heat index it is, but to no avail. I've heard good things about the Denso Iridium plugs (they should be good for $12 a piece), but don't know what heat index to consider. They say to start on the the cold side cause if you start too hot it can cause preignition and damage. But I don't wanna buy plugs too cold and spend another $100 to get a hotter set of plugs. The Denso website calls for a 5330 plug which is listed as "hot" and the 5331 plug for the Cobra which is listed as "medium". Also, the Autolite plug is listed as .750" reach and the Denso plug at only .460". Obviously I don't have much experiance with plugs and was just wondering what others run with their AFR 165's. Most my engine info is in my sig, all stock ignition components, compression will be a little higher with new heads. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Iridium spark plugs hold up very well with high heat, thats why theyre good for boost applications. In your case and with any other case its always good to go for the recommended sparkplugs. Fancy spark plugs usually cause more problems in the long run.

i might contact the head manufacturer (or go with advice from someone like Rick or others who i consider truly trustworthy and experienced) and ask them what iridium plug they would recommend.

those plugs are kinda neat - they offer long life like plats while also conducting quite a bit (like copper plugs).

last time i looked they were more than 12 bucks a plug. I thought they were more like 25 each. But i looked a while ago. I was thinkin of gettin them too because with a good ignition, its basically impossible for a misfire.

last time i looked (while back) one flavor was 12/each and another was ~6 each. i thought wow, 70 bucks for plugs; i think not. LOL.