Anybody run SLP Loudmouth exhaust on a fox?

• Sponsors (?)

If so, how is the fitment, quality and sound? I am looking for some exhaust that follows the OEM bends for clearance of my PHB (or minimal modifcation) and SLP claims to do this. Thanks.

my buddy ed (wht93gted on stangnet) has it on his 93GT.. fitment is amazing, sound is awesome as well. I think i can find a clip of it somewhere give me a few :nice:

im thinking about putting it on my coupe as well

basically he has a stock GT with like intake pro-chamber mid pipe and slp loudmouth cat back. i took the vids. he got it for free as they used his GT to fab up the templates to mass produce the kits

ok, well this is a major DUW...but here they are:

Idle:
http://media.putfile.com/1993-Mustang-idle

Drive-By:
http://media.putfile.com/1993-Mustang-drive-by

In-car burnout:
http://media.putfile.com/1993-Mustang-in-car

Also, I've got a MAC Pro-Chamber as well; factory headers.

theres this beat old fox gt that rides around where i live...so stock it hurts and has a bad exhaust...rotten mufflers or something

...the car in the vid sounds exactly the same...just cost $500 more to get it

I have the SLP LM1 with a Bassani catted X and FRPP shorties. With my H/C/I it sounds badass. Sorry, no clips, but trust me, it makes heads turn.

The quality of SLP is simply amazing. This is the second set I've bought (first one was for my wife's Cobra) and the fit was absolutely perfect. Neither set required any tweaking at all. I certainly can't say the same for the Flowmasters that I've put on.

Has anyone else picked up on the fact that SLP was a GM performance specific company at one time? Just curious....i read about it when they first started making kits for Mustangs. They've had the Loud Mouth kit for Camaros forever.

No point really other than pointing it out for those who might not have known. I didn't even know they had a hand in the Firehawk.

Heck i don't care if Honda makes a catback for the Mustang, if it sounds badass i'll run it :lol:

Thanks for the responses guys. I am looking for a decent cat-back on my GT that runs close to OEM specs (which SLP claims it does). I have a MM PHB and am trying locate some exhaust that will require minor to no mods to fit.

basically he has a stock GT with like intake pro-chamber mid pipe and slp loudmouth cat back. i took the vids. he got it for free as they used his GT to fab up the templates to mass produce the kits

Are those loudmouth I or loudmouth IIs? I don't care for the sound at idle, but it sounds pretty good anything above that. From what I've found, loudmouth IIs usually sound like crap.

Thanks for the responses guys. I am looking for a decent cat-back on my GT that runs close to OEM specs (which SLP claims it does). I have a MM PHB and am trying locate some exhaust that will require minor to no mods to fit.

its my car in the vids...fitment is awesome, way better than the MAC kit which was on my car. The "mufflers" or resonators are very small and stay out of the way.

blackened88lx said:
Are those loudmouth I or loudmouth IIs? I don't care for the sound at idle, but it sounds pretty good anything above that. From what I've found, loudmouth IIs usually sound like crap.

They're loudmouth I.

wythors said:
I have the SLP LM1 with a Bassani catted X and FRPP shorties. With my H/C/I it sounds badass. Sorry, no clips, but trust me, it makes heads turn.

The quality of SLP is simply amazing. This is the second set I've bought (first one was for my wife's Cobra) and the fit was absolutely perfect. Neither set required any tweaking at all. I certainly can't say the same for the Flowmasters that I've put on.

I couldn't agree more!!! It took me hours...literally hours to make the MAC kit fit well.

LB0193 said:
That actually sounds pretty good

Thanks buddy! :nice:

also, FWIW, the videos don't do it justice...it sounds great; really different and unlike a lot of Mustangs around here.

Now I notice it in your sig :nonono: Hmm... Now I want some :D Are they retarded loud? or can you drive it every day. I want loud, but there's a limit.

well, with the cat-less pro-chamber...it's retarded loud. However, I will say that there's significantly LESS drone inside the car with the SLP vs. MAC; even though the SLP is WAY louder outside. The drone is very low on the highway.

If I were you, I'd keep some kind of catted h-pipe if you're going to drive every day. MY car only comes out every so often so I don't mind it.