anybody running a bassani catback with a offroad midpipe?

03redfiregt

Aug 4, 2003
Dracut Ma
looking for some feedback guys!! RIght now i am running bbk longtubes with a mrt catted h pipe on my car with a bassani catback. Problem is both cats in my h pipe have gone bad thisa summer and mrt wont cover them. I really dont want to pay 300 to have new cats put in so i am considering putting an off road h pipe on. My concern is that it will be 2 loud!! STill want to be able to carry on a conversation and hear the radio! and not get pulled over by the cops! If anybody has or knows someone with a simmilar setup i would love some feedback!!

• Sponsors (?)

It will be louder than what you have now, but not loud enough that you won't be able to hear the radio or talk. I can talk and and hear the radio in my car with no problems. You'll probably end up liking it better unless you just don't want a loud car.

96BlueStangGT said:
It will be louder than what you have now, but not loud enough that you won't be able to hear the radio or talk. I can talk and and hear the radio in my car with no problems. You'll probably end up liking it better unless you just don't want a loud car.

I just dont want an obnoxiously loud car!!

I ran the o/r x pipe and cat back (with the baffles in) for about a year. Sounds great under throttle, Loud, but not obscene. I was still nervous at times and shifted under 3k rpm around cops. Ive gone past a bunch under full throttle and not been pulled though.

I ended up going back and purchasing the bassani cats to pass an emmisions test. You can slip them in and out when ever your in the mood, but, to be honest I really like the sound with the cats in and the baffles removed.

thanks for the reply guys!! i think i will probably end up doing it. I'm running with the baffles out right now, so i will prob put them back in with the off road pipe.! Bassani's x is a great piece but i'm not a huge fan of the sound off an x pipe. I like the low rumble of an h pipe!:hail2: