anybody running this cam on a stock bottom end?

• Sponsors (?)

Seriously, that cam is huge on the duration end. You will lose a lot of static compression with the stock bottem end, not to mention if you dont have some REAL good heads and Intake your just losing torque and not gaining much up top.
For that kind of money you can get a custom cam... I wouldnt waste your time with that one.

If its a true retro fit cam it should be small base circle you will need diff. pushrods. The lift numbers aint bad but the high duration might make it close. Stock pistons what heads?

ported twisted wedges, that i beilive to have quite a bit shaved off. the part number on the head is for the o-ringed version. when i bought them the guy said when he took them off the car they didnt have o-rings and then he had them shaved again before putting them up for sale.

i have a victor junior intake.

the cam is one my buddy has in his car, which has a 327 (stroked un-bored 302) in it with a C4 and a 4500 stall and a 4:56 gear. ive driven the car a few times and it seemed to be ok on the street...i mean it was ok to drive, but you wouldnt have wanted any cops to see you. lol. its a mid 11sec car on motor!

my car is a 5-speed with a 3:73 gear, im planning on getting a 4:10 tho. and i also have a 150 shot on the car

still the thing im most interested in is if the cam will clear with stock pistons. i mean has anyone gotten away with it with any stlye head?

Well even if they were shaved, that still isnt going to be enough for that cam. A 327 is capable of more compression than a stock 5.0 bottom end not to mention it has more cubes and flows more air. I wouldnt ever throw that cam in a 5.0 unless it was a bracket race car or something, that is not a street friendly cam.