Anybody use moates.net stuff?

montegoman351

Jan 12, 2007
I'm wanting to put a chip on my '73 Montego 357C. I've got 30lb/hr injectors, 76mm mass air, 70mm TB, and assorted other things. I'm about to put in a bigger cam, and a custom one off intake made by me. I'm mainly wanting to get rid of the EGR, CANP, and all other codes that I don't have the hardware for.

I've heard of Tweecer, and others, but I was recently told about the moates.net stuff, I read up on it a little, and I'm intrigued.

Any comments? Thanks, Chris.

• Sponsors (?)

I haven't used their hardware... yet...

But the software that most folks use with Moates gear is TunerPro, which is very good.

You should be able to download it from the Moates site for free, and look things over...
Just don't expect it to all make sense on the first day lol

jason

I haven't used their hardware... yet...

But the software that most folks use with Moates gear is TunerPro, which is very good.

You should be able to download it from the Moates site for free, and look things over...
Just don't expect it to all make sense on the first day lol

jason

No kidding :scratch:! I've got a slew of codes that I'd like to remove from the program, atleast the EGR related codes. But not actual important codes, like a lean code or anything like that. I figure I can tweak it a little while I'm in there for throttle response, timing, fuel, etc. Seeing as my car isn't a Mustang, and definately not a 302, so a little tweakin' wouldn't hurt.

I have a question though, I've read that you can put a program into a computer that is not the same program (makes sense, huh?):nonono: Here's my question though, say I wanted to save my A9L as a good known back-up PCM, and say I went out to the JY and got a PCM from another 5.0HO mass air car, say a '90's T-Bird which is a little more plentiful around here, and put the tweaked A9L program in it, essentially making it a tweaked A9L, since it is a mass air PCM, and is sequential fire not bank fire like a truck, and has the same firing order as a Cleveland. Would that be do-able?:shrug:

Thanks again, Chris.