Anybody used ACE H-Beam Rods?

• Sponsors (?)

While I don't know anyone that used them one thing to consider. I used Modmax rods in my motor. My engine builder told me that all the cores are forged in China and then finished over here by various companies e.g. Manley, Eagle, Modmax, SCAT, Ace, etc. He said the lower cost rods don't have as good quality control. There will be more variance in the big end roundess and things of that nature. He said with the Manleys they all come in spec are all of them are very close to each other in regards to weight and stuff.

Size and weight tolerances are less stringent. That's the main difference, made out of same stuff as Manley's. MMR has their own rods as well that might be worth looking into - they have lots of miles on that brand with no problems.

Just food for thought: I sold a set of manley's out of a cobra used with 11k miles on them with wrist pics for $345 - so people must be paying extra for something.

Size and weight tolerances are less stringent. That's the main difference, made out of same stuff as Manley's. MMR has their own rods as well that might be worth looking into - they have lots of miles on that brand with no problems.

Just food for thought: I sold a set of manley's out of a cobra used with 1kk miles on them with wrist pics for $345 - so people must be paying extra for something.

I can see that for High HP apps but for the budget mustang guy these rods will be fine for 500rwhp. Thats why I bought them, I dont wont a ton of power as I figure does this guy. So for $3xx bucks he will have a good set of rods that will do the job and not break the bank :nice:

Thanks for the info guys. I have been looking for some stock 03/04 Cobra rods for sale. I've seen a few around online for about $300-$350 which is pretty good. But it sounds like the ACE rods are decent for what I'm going to be doing. And also, I have a friend selling some Manley pistons for a good deal. They are 0.20 over, so I would have to get my block bored out. Would I have to get my car retuned for the bigger piston size? And does anyone know what a general price for getting a block bored is?

I have taken a look at them myself and they seem like a good rod for the price and power level you are looking at. I would just upgrade the rod bolt to ARPs and call it a day. I myself have been looking at the modmax rods that come standard with ARP bolts.

Thanks for the info guys. I have been looking for some stock 03/04 Cobra rods for sale. I've seen a few around online for about $300-$350 which is pretty good. But it sounds like the ACE rods are decent for what I'm going to be doing. And also, I have a friend selling some Manley pistons for a good deal. They are 0.20 over, so I would have to get my block bored out. Would I have to get my car retuned for the bigger piston size? And does anyone know what a general price for getting a block bored is?
Block boring .20 over is 250-350 usually. Just make sure it's torque plate honed in order to be straight.
What dish are you looking for?

Manley Rods and Diamond pistons here. Been running it with 10psi and over 400hp for 2-years now without a single hickup. You can pick them up now packaged with a balanced stock crank, bearings, ARP bolts and all for about $1,200.

No matter what rods and pistons you run, you're going to have to get the stock crank rebalanced for their beefier mass, so factor that into your budget as well.

Manley Rods and Diamond pistons here. Been running it with 10psi and over 400hp for 2-years now without a single hickup. You can pick them up now packaged with a balanced stock crank, bearings, ARP bolts and all for about $1,200.

No matter what rods and pistons you run, you're going to have to get the stock crank rebalanced for their beefier mass, so factor that into your budget as well.
Agreed, i paid $125 for balancing.

Block boring .20 over is 250-350 usually. Just make sure it's torque plate honed in order to be straight.
What dish are you looking for?

I'm not really sure about the different dish sizes. I honestly don't know much about it. I'm trying to do some research now and figure out what I need before I start spending money. I'm running nitrous, but no supercharger or turbo, so I don't think I need a low compression piston. But I'm not exactly sure. And I didn't know about needing it balanced. I'll need to add that in as well. Thanks guys.