Anyone done this to a clutch cable??

90lxcoupe

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Oct 7, 2003

adjusted my clutch cable 2 nights ago, drove the car, felt good, then driving to work in the AM the tranny wouldnt shift and got worse and worse, drove to mustangs unlimited and on the way back it completly gave up

• Sponsors (?)

Adjustable cables = :notnice:

Get a FORD cable, the "universal" one from Maximum Motorsports for about $75 shipped. With an aluminum quadrant and a firewall adjuster ... smooooooth like buttah, and it'll last a long, LONG time. :nice:

I had the same thing happen with my steeda adj. cable would get hard to shift so i would adj under car it would last a day then go bad, finally i took it out and looked similiar to yours. So i ordered a non adj oem style cable from 50resto 39.99 then i had to change my 1 hook quad. to a 3 hook cause my cable was to short i then used the middle hook combined with a bbk firewall adj NOW I NEVER FELT A BETTER CLUTCH EVER WITH ANY MUSTANG I EVER OWNED!!............what happens is when u adj the cable the weakest link gave out the cable housing, the cable i bought from 50resto has like a metal nut molded into the end of the housing keeps the housing from busting.