Anyone else buy smoked foglights and have problems?

O.D. Showtime

Founding Member
Mar 31, 2002
I bought KSR smoked foglight lenses for my Cobra, the ones they sell on 50resto.com. I decided to use a different bulb for them, since I didn't like the stock bulbs. I went with a low wattage (37.5 watts, I think) so that I wouldn't have problems with melting the lenses. Well, the lenses did start to melt, even with a very low wattage bulb. I also had the problem where the lenses actually popped off of the whole assembly piece, leaving me with two pieces that are basically broke, unless I try to silicone them back together. Just wondering if anyone else had these problems and is there another company that makes smoked fog light lenses?

• Sponsors (?)

I bought those same lights for our 96 from Blue Oval Industries. One of the lenses popped off the first day. BOI replaced the lights and I superglued the lenses to the housing before I reinstalled them. No problems now.

wythors said:
I bought those same lights for our 96 from Blue Oval Industries. One of the lenses popped off the first day. BOI replaced the lights and I superglued the lenses to the housing before I reinstalled them. No problems now.

KSR makes crap, crap, crap!

Mine had the lenses pop off as well.....then I had one melt. They are just low quality chinese made crap.

same problems with both of my foglights from blue industries. the covers popped off and the lense melted. i didnt even try to return them. so i siliconed the lense on and they hold nice. look a little messy upclose but better then the lenses falling off.

Sorry to bring this up again, but I read on another forum that the Blue Oval Industries smoke colored fog lights will work on an '01 Cobra. The thread had pictures and they looked really nice, the look I am going for.

The Blue Oval part number is #215736KS.

Are these the ones that are falling apart?

Thanks for the help.

Them's the ones. As I stated, I just popped the lenses off, glued them on and no problems since using stock bulbs. They look great with the smoked headlights.

OK, thanks. I think I will order up a set and go for it. They really look good with the smoked headlights. Did the lenses pop off easily or was there enough glue to crack a little while removing them? I see you are in WA, are they watertight?

mustangrmyk said:
OK, thanks. I think I will order up a set and go for it. They really look good with the smoked headlights. Did the lenses pop off easily or was there enough glue to crack a little while removing them? I see you are in WA, are they watertight?

There was literally no glue holding them together. I just twisted them a little and they popped right off. As far as watertight, I can't tell you. The car doesn't get driven in the rain if at all possible.