Anyone Else Have 315's? Need Help.

• Sponsors (?)

I have rub marks on my tailpipes and i use the same tires as grover except the tire size is 275.

I really have no clue how people get 315's to fit with tailpipes. I'm going to be switching exhausts soon to one that i'm not going to weld together, so hopefully i can get a little more clearance. With a saleen kit there is no option to go pipeless, it will look ridiculous.

Last edited:
you have 2.5" or 3" tailpipes? In case you didn't know, the 3" tails are routed below the front corners of the fuel tank leaving more clearance for wider tires. I'm currently running 275's on a 9" rim with about an inch and a half of clearance still

stykthyn what brand of tire are you running? I cut my tails off because I want the space for 315s. I'm currently running Nitto NT555R 275s on 10.5 inch rims with 6.42" BS and a 5/16 inch and I have about .6 inches of clearance I will be switching to 315s once my 275s wear out and will be pulling my torch and 8lbs hammer out. also I will be reenforcing the strut tower from the inside and the outside with 16 or 18 gauge steel and pushing the wheel well in slightly around the tower.

I am running nitto 555 and the run a tad small. I n all fairness they are probably closer to a 295. I put mine up to a 315 michelin pilot sport and mine was easily the narrower of the two. I run flowmaster 2.5 stainless pipes but it wasnt plug and play. I had to cut the pipes off when I first put the wheels on and then manipulate them to fit afterwards. lots of cutting and welding.

If that's the case stick with a 295. I would have gone with this size but American muscle refused to mount anything smaller then a 315 on the 10.5 rim.