anyone ever barked tyres on a downshift?

• Sponsors (?)

ok since my question wasnt answered in 3 pages...
im not trying to "show off" i dont think barking downshifts is cool. I was braking hard to avoid blowing a red light and i used the engine braking as well

the tires barked. Im asking if this only happens on an overrev under HARD BRAKNG becuase i heard an overrev can bark the tires

Wait wait wait so... when you're racing.. which is the best way to launch from a roll?

rev match and wait until they gunned it..

or

pop the clutch without rev matching when they gunned it?

I know that the popping the clutch it worst for the car.. but does it really matter which way you take the car off with while on a roll? :shrug:

CottonBurnerz said:
Wait wait wait so... when you're racing.. which is the best way to launch from a roll?

rev match and wait until they gunned it..

or

pop the clutch without rev matching when they gunned it?

I know that the popping the clutch it worst for the car.. but does it really matter which way you take the car off with while on a roll? :shrug:
I never pop clutch like that, if you break loose from the sudden increase of power you're :notnice:

1fast03pony said:
it happened to me i downshifted hard. what causes this? the sudden change in torque from gears?

You're tearing your clutch up if you do that on a regular basis. Your tires barked because you're forcing your engine to catch up to the lower gear you were going into. Next time give the throttle a little stab right before you let the clutch out and it won't do that anymore and your clutch will also thank you.

I've done it many times. It's not exactly good for the tranny, but then again neither is banging through gears at excessive speeds. Just a word of advice: Don't do it in the rain, I only do this when I wanna scare girlfriends that tell me they're pregnant. Lets just say the car took up 3 lanes of traffic and I stopped at the light sideways and if the bitch was pregnant she wasn't after that. :D

AmishRebel said:
I've done it many times. It's not exactly good for the tranny, but then again neither is banging through gears at excessive speeds. Just a word of advice: Don't do it in the rain, I only do this when I wanna scare girlfriends that tell me they're pregnant. Lets just say the car took up 3 lanes of traffic and I stopped at the light sideways and if the bitch was pregnant she wasn't after that. :D
goodness.