Anyone ever feel like their passenger seat is smaller?

32ValveRom

Feb 15, 2009
Fl
I know that I (like many others) probably only ride in the mustang passenger seat once in a blue moon. I ended up having a friend of mine drive my car around a few days ago and it just seemed like there just wasn't that much room. I'll be sitting their with my right hand grasping the right side of of the roof and I kinda feel like I'm stuffed in a can. But then I'll sit in teh driver seat without it being set to the farthest setting and I'll feel comfortable. Anyone else ever experience this.

• Sponsors (?)

It's not so much the seat,but the space is a tad smaller.The engine,and drivetrain are off centre,and sit more to the driverside of the vehicle.Just take a look how much closer the engine sits to the strut tower,and how much closer the passenger seat is to the door,and squeezed by the trans tunnel aswell.;)

+1 , sitting in the pass seat my right arm is squashed to the door panel , exhaust sounds way louder , and I seems just a slow !:shrug:

Good thing Ive been in the pass seat less then 10 times in the last 4 years :D .

My pass seat seems to sit higher and I feel like my knees are going to go through the dash. But when i ride shotgun my car feels faster to me because i am not the one controlling acceleration so i am not expecting it.

Riding shotgun in your own stang FTL

its me or my passenger side sit higher then my driver side ? it not comptible to sit on passenger side at all, no wonder why most of my gf complaint.

Seat is the same size I think, but the area is definately smaller as most 99-04s with leather will have rub marks on the leather on the pass side.

It's not so much the seat,but the space is a tad smaller.The engine,and drivetrain are off centre,and sit more to the driverside of the vehicle.Just take a look how much closer the engine sits to the strut tower,and how much closer the passenger seat is to the door,and squeezed by the trans tunnel aswell.;)

Thats what it is........there is less leg room and elbow room pasenger side. It seems like the engine is 3 or four inch's off center. The floor space on the
pasenger side reminds me of a Camaro, but not as bad.