anyone ever heard of indy mustang performance???

dfresh5050

Founding Member
Mar 26, 2001
Im looking for a new shortblock for my 90 vert. I saw the indy mustang performance website and called them, they seem pretty good anybody ever heard of them or dealt with them??? there engines r rebuilt ones, any one ever bought a rebuilt engine??? are they good or r they junk?? thanx :D

• Sponsors (?)

indy

I have seen a lot of bad posts on them, but 90% are saying their "friend" got screwed or they say their shop is messy. I have been going to the same mechanic for years, place looks like a junk yard on a good day, but he does the best work, just because someone is will to get dirty doesn't mean they aren't any good, so stop posting about that. You should look up pictures of Carrol Shelby's old workshop in the 60's, no floor showing, and he was a master, still is. I have heard many good things of them, I have also emailed everyone that has posted good things of them and called a few. Most of the bad posts are repeating, he has only 8-10 complains with the local BBB which for 5 years is not a bad rap. as for that SVT guy, first he was getting an engine for a friend and had never dealt with them, then he says that he has bought 2 engines from them after saying that indy is a rip off, he needs to get his story straight, he has some anger issues and he is taking them out on a shop he doesn't like. Only listen to people that have actually done business with them, not their friends or other shops. I have spent the last 7 hours reading up on them, read every good and bad post and I'm buying my engine from them tomorrow unless something unforseen happens. Most of the posts start, " even though I have no experience with them personally."

off the subject but cammed what gives you a bad opinion about 305 chevys?i put a used 305 in my brothers 80 malibu,ran it at the dragstrip for 3 seasons ran consistent 9.30s before it broke a rod bolt and destroyed the motor,and as much as i hate to say it,it out ran alot of mustangs,including mine.

I have been to his shop. I know people personally who have bought motors from him. Some of them have had good results some have had bad results. Jim Is a nice guy to talk with. Personally I wouldnt buy from him.

Look up Ranchero 50's post on Indy Mustang....He knows what he's talking about and respected on here...Check his post count...

Cheshireccat run b-4 it's too late...If theres any doubt about a place at all there are better places to spend your money, why take a chance...Read DropTop again...

cheshireccat said:
I have seen a lot of bad posts on them, but 90% are saying their "friend" got screwed or they say their shop is messy. I have been going to the same mechanic for years, place looks like a junk yard on a good day, but he does the best work, just because someone is will to get dirty doesn't mean they aren't any good, so stop posting about that. You should look up pictures of Carrol Shelby's old workshop in the 60's, no floor showing, and he was a master, still is. I have heard many good things of them, I have also emailed everyone that has posted good things of them and called a few. Most of the bad posts are repeating, he has only 8-10 complains with the local BBB which for 5 years is not a bad rap. as for that SVT guy, first he was getting an engine for a friend and had never dealt with them, then he says that he has bought 2 engines from them after saying that indy is a rip off, he needs to get his story straight, he has some anger issues and he is taking them out on a shop he doesn't like. Only listen to people that have actually done business with them, not their friends or other shops. I have spent the last 7 hours reading up on them, read every good and bad post and I'm buying my engine from them tomorrow unless something unforseen happens. Most of the posts start, " even though I have no experience with them personally."

Do you work for them in some way??? YOU MUST!!!!!! I have never seen anyone stick up for that Crappy business......... :lol:

heloo??

Um yea I believe I was the first post and did have a bad experience with them..Not one of my friends.. I was supposed to get a 306 from him with forged pistons, stock rods and crank in a roller motor, with rebuilt e7's, performer intake, holley carb, and cast aluminum valve covers along with new pan, distributor etc, etc.... And I was supposed to have it within 2 weeks.. Well after two months what I ended up with was a 1980 302 with cast pistons, flat tappet cam with no car, single row timing chain, non roller block, bad oil pan, no carb, powered by ford valve covers from the 80's that werent even bolted on, non rebuilt heads circa 1980, no carb and no distrib... sounds pretty crappy business ethics to me..And he made sure I wire transferred the money before I actually got the engine..Jim Schaffer can lick my balls