Anyone get a whistling from their TB?

Black95GTS

Jan 8, 2004
Marlborough, MA
A while I back I installed a 65mm FMS TB and I get a quiet S/Cish whine when I get on it a bit. I thought the noise was normal. Anyway, I took my uncle who's a mechanic for a ride the other day and he said that its not normal and something wasn't right. I think he's a Chevy small block 350 guy and he's out of his element, which I told him.

Before I rip this thing off and cut a new gasket (which he suggested), has anyone else experienced this?

- adam

• Sponsors (?)

Black95GTS said:
A while I back I installed a 65mm FMS TB and I get a quiet S/Cish whine when I get on it a bit. I thought the noise was normal. Anyway, I took my uncle who's a mechanic for a ride the other day and he said that its not normal and something wasn't right. I think he's a Chevy small block 350 guy and he's out of his element, which I told him.

Before I rip this thing off and cut a new gasket (which he suggested), has anyone else experienced this?

- adam

TB usually causes you to make a hacking sound not a whistling sound.

If you have a cold air intake, that could be it. If not, it could be the air silencer removal. If not THAT, then it could possibly be the fact that you're intake port to the throttle body is not the same size as your opening in the throttle body. If you're TB is tightened in there perfectly, and the gasket is brand new and matched when you bought it, then really, it shouldn't be a problem

Mine does the same thing. It usually only happens at part-throttle. Never at WOT

*It is usually more noticeable when I am at WOT and then I get off of the throttle. IE when I do a burnout at the track and then ease off of the throttle it starts to whistle.