anyone got a how to rebuilt t5?

• Sponsors (?)

See TTC: Product Literature to download a FREE service manual for T5 or Tremec 3550/TKO
You will need the Adobe Acrobat viewer which is also a free download – Adobe - Adobe Reader download - All versions

See Hanlon Motorsports - T5 and Tremec parts, sales and service or Welcome to D&D Performance - The 5 & 6 Speed Experts! for parts

A T5 rebuild kit with syncros, bearings and other small parts costs about $160-$200. It does not include any gears or shafts.

Hanlon Motorsports - T5 and Tremec parts, sales and service also has a video on how to rebuild your T5 or Tremec. It costs about $20, and is worth every penny of it.

I did a Tremec 3550 rebuild, and it wasn't that difficult. The video was an immense help, and I would recommend viewing it. At $20, it will give you an opportunity to look and decide for yourself if you think that it is something you want to try to do.

The Hanlon video is a great resource, worth every penny, but it's got a couple of minor flaws. Mainly, it's on an older trans with a completely different reverse helper spring setup, and without a reverse shaft brake/synchro. Neither are that hard to figure out on your own. We also doesn't tell you you should have marked the positions of the sliders on the hubs until he's showing you how to reassemble them.

Here's a fantastic writeup to work from too: PoMoFoRacing Forums - How to Rebuild the Ford T5 Manual Transmission - Chris Neighbors

The Hanlon video is a great resource, worth every penny, but it's got a couple of minor flaws. Mainly, it's on an older trans with a completely different reverse helper spring setup, and without a reverse shaft brake/synchro. Neither are that hard to figure out on your own. We also doesn't tell you you should have marked the positions of the sliders on the hubs until he's showing you how to reassemble them.

Here's a fantastic writeup to work from too: PoMoFoRacing Forums - How to Rebuild the Ford T5 Manual Transmission - Chris Neighbors

how do i get to it? i try to open but it keeps taking me to the same page?