Anyone have a shorty antenna?

• Sponsors (?)

I have a billet shorty antenna, I like it, it's much sleaker then that R.C. Car one that comes stock. Haven't noticed much difference in reception, get the major stations just fine. I got mine from 50resto.com I think.

Yup.

stangmod3.JPG

Works just as good as stock.

I have the one from MT too. I love how it looks and how it's black. Reception is the same from what I remember. One of my first mods was the 14' one...then i got the 8' from MT almost a year ago.

I don't know if it's the area or my antenna but the radio station RDS isn't that great but I don't listen to the radio much :shrug: .

I've got a 13 or 14" shorty billet antenna and it gets great reception, just as good as my '99 Mustang did with the stock antenna.

And I agree with CatmanJJ.. I like how it's even with the roofline, I think it looks slick :D

I bought the 8" shorty, put it in, took a drive, pulled it back off the car and put the factory antena back on because it killed my reception bigtime. It is wooded and hilly where I live so it may be different if your in the flatlands....

Stangsgrl said:
I have the one from MT too. I love how it looks and how it's black. Reception is the same from what I remember. One of my first mods was the 14' one...then i got the 8' from MT almost a year ago.

I don't know if it's the area or my antenna but the radio station RDS isn't that great but I don't listen to the radio much :shrug: .

+1

I had the 14" as well and then went to the 8". Looks real sleek an no degradation in radio reception.