Anyone have a spare gas tank / fuel tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gael

Founding Member
Jan 26, 2002
Tucson, AZ
Whatever you call it. :D

I was hoping that someone may have a spare so I could work on one while I still use my car.

I'm trying to find one to modify to add a return line on it for when I run more nitrous and stuff. Thanks for any leads for one. :)

• Sponsors (?)

Ever thought about adding a very small(2 or 3 gal) secondary fuel tank inside the trunk, and use it specifically for the Nitrous system?
Since I have close to 11:1 compression in my motor, I thought about utilizing the small secondary tank so I could fill it with extremely high octane race fuel, and then shoot it into the motor with the juice, allowing me to run a much more potent shot of nitrous, while still running the premium pump gas in the main tank.

Hm that's a good idea. I may still drop my tank to add a fitting for a return line for my fuel pump, help it run a little smoother/cooler. I bet I could fit it where my spare tire should go, that gets no use.

I may have one for yuh give me a few days. My car is in the shop for paint and the gas tank fill whole is getting shaved due to my fuel cell being in the trunk. I will no longer be needing what your looking for so I work on getting that out if you still need it. Its gotta come out anyhow. I already sold my origanal gas tank. I'll check back on here in a few days and I'll have it out by then.

Dan

danimaltheanima said:
I may have one for yuh give me a few days. My car is in the shop for paint and the gas tank fill whole is getting shaved due to my fuel cell being in the trunk. I will no longer be needing what your looking for so I work on getting that out if you still need it. Its gotta come out anyhow. I already sold my origanal gas tank. I'll check back on here in a few days and I'll have it out by then.

Dan
That sounds awesome, let me know.

Hey there guy! I got that thing out that you wanted. What a pain trying to get the old bolts out on that wheelwell panel so I could get that tank out. I had to do it sooner or later though so no biggy. I ended up taking a plazma cutter to the bolts to get them off. I also used the plazma cutter on the strap for that tank. I cut the strap right by the bolt so you could weld on a couple inch piece onto it to make it work again. I'll try and take some pictures today of the parts I have for yuh and shoot em off to you. I really don't know what that part is really worth. I'll try and find out what a decent price would be for you and we'll work something out.

Dan

Hey you never got back to me on that. I took the thing out and have it all boxed up and ready to go. Do you still want it or not. If you do want it what are you gonna give me for it. I wanna get this thing outa the garage its takin up space.

Status
Not open for further replies.