Anyone have any issues with warped rotors?

05 GeeTee

May 11, 2005
Mine are starting to feel a bit warped.

Any chance of me getting them replaced under warranty? Even if the car's under 12 months/12K miles?

EDIT: The car's not abused either seems unusual so soon.

• Sponsors (?)

My wife works for a Ford dealership and I saw a mustang in for warped rotors once. It was a 2005 v-6. I believe it was fixed under warranty. You should not have problems that soon. Go back to your selling dealer. If they have a good reputation they should help out someway. They hate bad surveys.

I just replaced the rear rotors on my '05 GT- 13,000 miles- I got a pulsation at the pedal, and knowing that Ford doesn't cover rotors under warranty, I took it to a past Ford technician who now has his own shop.

The rear rotors were the problem, but were too thin to machine. He suspects poor material. The pads at both ends, as well as the front rotors were fine.

I will now take it up with Ford. My mechanic said that the original rotors were now "changed", due to "issues" (from the Ford dealer where he got the replacements).

Apparently there IS a problem. Now- to uncover it and get the cost of the rotors re-imbursed.

Mike Wyatt said:
I just replaced the rear rotors on my '05 GT- 13,000 miles- I got a pulsation at the pedal, and knowing that Ford doesn't cover rotors under warranty, I took it to a past Ford technician who now has his own shop.

The rear rotors were the problem, but were too thin to machine. He suspects poor material. The pads at both ends, as well as the front rotors were fine.

I will now take it up with Ford. My mechanic said that the original rotors were now "changed", due to "issues" (from the Ford dealer where he got the replacements).

Apparently there IS a problem. Now- to uncover it and get the cost of the rotors re-imbursed.
too many brake stands :D