Anyone have experience with carbon fiber hoods?

SuperStang83

Founding Member
Mar 21, 2001
Boyertown, Pa
I am thinking about getting this hood for my car and was wondering if anyone had personal experience with this company or their cowl hoods in particular. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/87-9...385913QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW#ShippingPayment

I want to go with that hood, and then bite the bullet and buy the Steeda Aero wing, cobra insert, and cobra rear bumper. The Steeda wing is uber pricey, but the wife says go ahead:D After that they car is in dire need of a paint job!

• Sponsors (?)

Never heard of them,but that is a fiberglass hood with a single layer of fiber on top to give it the "look". If you are looking at weight this is no better then glass. If you want it for looks it is all you.

Never heard of them,but that is a fiberglass hood with a single layer of fiber on top to give it the "look". If you are looking at weight this is no better then glass. If you want it for looks it is all you.

Thanks for the tip, but how can you tell? I'm not going for the look, but I thought that that hood would be a good deal since I can pick it up, and I thought it was real CF so it would be lite.