anyone have fords a/c delete with an 8 rib blower set up?

ADRENLN

Apr 16, 2003
NJ
i already have the ford racing a/c delete. when i get the novi im going with an 8 rib set up. i was told that the a/c delete and the 8 rib a/c pully might not line up right and that i might have to go with the rr a/c delete.

the rr delete is 275 bucks!!!!! i was just wondering if anyone runs an 8 rib kit with the ford delete? thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

ADRENLN said:
i already have the ford racing a/c delete. when i get the novi im going with an 8 rib set up. i was told that the a/c delete and the 8 rib a/c pully might not line up right and that i might have to go with the rr a/c delete.

the rr delete is 275 bucks!!!!! i was just wondering if anyone runs an 8 rib kit with the ford delete? thanks.

yes, Ive done many. you'll have to buy the 8 rib A/C delete idler and swap the pulleys, price on the 8 rib idler pulley and brkt is @$80.00 and I'd have to order it

thanks for the info randy. well, im ordering the whole 8 rib gi joe kit with belt. i dont know if you know of this but i think it comes with an the a/c pully to swap on to the ford delete. that is what i was told might not line up right.

are you saying that their brand one wouldnt line up good, but yours is a ford one and will line up right?

also what do you mean by the bracket, dont i already have that with my current ford racing delete kit?

can you pm you contact info so when i decide what to do i can contact you. thanks.

ADRENLN said:
thanks for the info randy. well, im ordering the whole 8 rib gi joe kit with belt. i dont know if you know of this but i think it comes with an the a/c pully to swap on to the ford delete. that is what i was told might not line up right.

are you saying that their brand one wouldnt line up good, but yours is a ford one and will line up right?

also what do you mean by the bracket, dont i already have that with my current ford racing delete kit?

can you pm you contact info so when i decide what to do i can contact you. thanks.

well, its like this. the 6 rib delete kit from Ford is a pulley and brkt that bolts in place of the A/C comp on the block(you have this, right?)
now Ford makes the same thing for 7.3 diesel trucks wthout A/C, but the brkt that comes wth will not fit the modular block. so what you have to-do is have both A/C delete kits and just swap the pulleys, 8 rib diesel pulley on-to the gas A/C delete brkt. I've sold quite a few of them this way and no-one has ever had issues of fitment. if you have any ? about this, my #'s in my sig and I've sold prob 60 or 70 8 rib kits over the last 8 years

ok i got you! sounds good. i assume most of these guys that you are selling the diesel a/c kit to are useing it for the same purpose i am?:shrug: if so that sounds like what i need. i will give you a call when i need it.

thanks for the info randy!