anyone have problems with their electric radiator fan?

BAKER7598

Founding Member
Sep 6, 2001
Summerville, SC
Driving home the other day I notied the smell of antifreeze but didn't think much about it until I heard a loud boom and saw smoke coming from under the hood. It seems I blew the top radiator hose and antifreeze went everywhere. Replace the hose and fluid and drove car home only to notice that the fan wasn't coming on. unpluged it and hooked a volt meter to the connector from the car(which was good) then hooked the fan to the battery and it was not good. So ordered a new fan and hopefully that fixes it.
This is the first major thing to happen to this motor with 162,000..
Anyone else have a similar problem?

• Sponsors (?)

i might be i posted a question about it on my thread but i can resay it umm when i start my car the fan keeps turning on and off and it is a lil bit loud maybe cuz im not use to this car i just have it for about a week now but do u have any answers

once i did but today , i turned my stang on and i had to get out to help my dad wiht somethin close by the car and i heard the fan turn on and it was preety loud then i walked to the car and it turned off it did that 2 times before i was on my way to gas station thats why i turned it on.