Anyone have some Aeromotive fuel kit pics?

Kdubslugga

Jun 7, 2003
Akron, OH
Im debating on getting the stealth kit, or the external kit, performance is the same but the external mounted pump is much cheaper, im wondering if it looks to race carish or if it looks tuff!

• Sponsors (?)

IMO it looks bad ass but if you don't like the look it wouldn't be hard to hide the pump, lines, and ect. But then again whats not aesthetically pleasing about braided steel lines, AN fittings, and a anodized cylinder? haha, :) But anyway whatever you choose you will be happy and I think you'll like the looks of others external set ups.

That kit is a ripoff, and the one person i know that bought one had to replace the eliminator pump he got with the kit, and all of the stainless line because of the fuel vapor leaking through it.

Do a little research, and piece together a system, you will be much happier and save $$$ in the long run

I've used aeromotive pumps on the last three "serious" effort cars. W/ the last being the belt driven alcohol 86 turbo car. I go in the face of the "accepted" "BG is the only way to go" mentality down here.
All of my systems have been external w/ the last TT car running the silver "competition" series pump and regulator on a R block. It consistently fed the motor to an 11.5:1 AFR at 638RWHP.

I think that stealth system is "pricey" too, and I like the idea of actually putting the pump where I can get to it w/o having to drop the tank for whatever reason later.
Talk to the experts that sell the stuff. Whether it's Aeromotive/ Maganfuel/ BG/ Weldon, or even Holley,...who ever you choose should prove adequate as long as you compare apples to apples.

I would put together a system piece by piece rather than the kit. I'm in the process of replacing all the braided lines of the aeromotive kit with teflon after only two years. It goes in the shop on Monday and I'm expecting a pretty big bill. The reason is that pump gas eats the rubber lines and the garage starts to smell like gas fumes.

I run an external pump, but it's located ahead of the tank so you can't see it from behind the car, you only see the two lines.

If it's a street driven car forget the external aeromotive pump, it's loud and most end up burned out.

Just build your own system as everyone suggested.
Use glennsperformance.com for some ideas on what you can do.
There are many ways to do a fuel system, just pick one you feel comfortable with.
Me personally i went to two external walbro's with a pick up in tank.