Fox Anyone Here Delete Their Iac

killer5.0

5 Year Member
Oct 8, 2009
Planning my winter projects...plan to upgrade to an accufab 90mm race TB...ive deleted every unused thing in my car right back to the fuse panel or computer which allowed me to wire in my gauges etc...i have no smog, no egr, no hvac at all, no a/c..

From what i understand i should no longer need the IAC? My car is street/show/weekend cruiser only...

Appreciate your thoughts...

• Sponsors (?)

I thought the purpose was for such conditions as when you turn on the a/c etc and it adjusts idle to compensate? This is why im asking...ive read of alot of people doing it...some say no issues...some say cold start issues...

Planning my winter projects...plan to upgrade to an accufab 90mm race TB...ive deleted every unused thing in my car right back to the fuse panel or computer which allowed me to wire in my gauges etc...i have no smog, no egr, no hvac at all, no a/c..

From what i understand i should no longer need the IAC? My car is street/show/weekend cruiser only...

Appreciate your thoughts...
i deleted mine and i had to lengthen the throttle body butterfly screw to open a bit more to raise the idle a bit but no probs on drivability 97 stroked 4.6 i just rtvd a round slug over the hole mine has an sct tune before i deleted so dont know if that mattered

The ecu uses the iac in a closed loop function. It uses the iac and timing to control the idle of the engine, raising the idle as you roll up to a stop sign so you don't stall, raising idle when a load is applied, releasing clutch, cold start, changing altitude.....

Don't delete it unless you like to idle higher than normal.

Reactions: 1 user