Anyone Hook Up A Dcc 2sp Controller To Dual Fans?

Gearbanger 101

Straight Outta Locash
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Aug 10, 2002
Ontario, Canada
I've currently got the 2sp controller left from when I had it on my Taurus fan. I had to upgrade to a dual fan set up to make room for my blower pulley and am now unsure how this is going to work.

From what I can understand, each one wire relay can be used to control one fan. So does this mean one fan runs on low for normal temp control, then shuts off and starts the other on high when it gets up in temp, or when the A/C is on?

I can't say that sounds very efficient? Why wouldn't it run both fans on low and both fans on high? Seems the relays are big enough to take the load?

This brings me to my 2nd concern. I'm half wondering if my low speed relay is even working. It only seems to ever kick on one of the fans (when I wire them individually) and according to the diagram, it's the high speed one. http://www.dccontrol.com/2sp.pdf

Anyone ever have one of these things go bad? Is there a way to test it, or change the relays? Seems to be a sealed (throw away) unit.

• Sponsors (?)

looks to me as if you connect the low speed wire to the low speed resistor assuming its there on the fan, then to both motors; and the high speed goes directly to both motors for high. Or you can just wire it directly to the fans for high.