Anyone installed a Remote start??

808Gt

Founding Member
Apr 21, 2002
Hawaii
Ijust got a Viper 5900 and finished installing it but cant get the remote start to work.... when i press the button to start it starts, but no crank, my remote just says it is running....:shrug:

Does anyone know what to do?? its in a manual trans by the way, i know your not supposed to but yea........

• Sponsors (?)

k it worked today, I pressed the clutch down and pressed the button and it worked?? I dont think i have a neutral safety switch?? how would i know, and how do you bypass the clutch, there are two plugs and each plug has two wires in them??

ok, i under stand that, ummmm do i just jump all 4 wires??
also were do i hook up the brake wire too, it said the red/green which i did but it dosnt stop the car when i press the brake??

As a safetly precaution, I would wire the remote start to the switch on the T-5 that does not allow KOEO or KOER to work when the tranny is in gear. This switch when linked into the T-5 with a remote start will not allow the car to start when it is in gear. :nice:

PoopDawg said:
As a safetly precaution, I would wire the remote start to the switch on the T-5 that does not allow KOEO or KOER to work when the tranny is in gear. This switch when linked into the T-5 with a remote start will not allow the car to start when it is in gear. :nice:

were do you find that wire?? would i just wire it to the neutral saftey switch wire.....

The T-5 has a neutral safety switch on it that you could use. This is different from the clutch switch. I'm not sure of how exactly but you could look into that. I'm following this thread because I want remote start too, but I did the t-5 swap before the alarm.

you're going to be searching for another car when you autostart that sucka and it takes off in gear. a buddy installed one on his car and his gf drove it to the store one night left it in gear after she came back. next morning he started that the car from his window, turned around, and next thing he heard was BOOM! right into his neighbors pickup. it's just a matter of time. also heard a story that someone sold thier car and forgot to mention to the new buyer about the remote start. buyer took car home, left in gear & parked, turned around to turn alarm on, didn't know about the remote start. my guess is he was fiddling with the remote and sure enough... car took of on him and crashed down the road. :nonono:

Yea, that would be me actually, haha. I learned my lesson with that one. I have mine wired through the NSS on my trans now. Won't start in any gear now.

Here's what happened:
Picture008.jpg

Attachments

• Picture008.jpg
    Picture008.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 39
ok, i got it to start now.... I jumped, the black plug..... and i wired the e-brake so it wont start unless it has the e-brake up..... and i have a switch for the NSS wire...

thanks for all your help.....