Anyone installed an Accel/DFI system?

Grey 87 Stroked

Mar 18, 2008
Just curious if anyone in here has installed an Accel/DFI set-up in their car and how hard it was to do? I have the system and am wondering if I should spend the probably $450 to have the shop put it in for me? I am half way descent w/ wiring stuff up, but this is something that shouldn't be taken lightly as there is plenty riding on it. Naturally they will have to dyno/tune the thing afterward, but the actual install how hard is it really?

• Sponsors (?)

Its a Gen 7 system. Does it give specific instructions on which wires to remove after the install to the old harness? Or is it pretty much remove everything that USED to control the motor all the way back to the old ECM? DO you have any tips for someone who hasn't done it yet before I start?

Probably not alot of feedback from people here because the stock block peaks at a maximum 500rwhp, which is easily attainable with the stock computer setup, so the expensive DFI setup has no use for most people.
The install shouldn't be too bad, finding and paying someone to tune that knows what they are doing with it, is another story.
Me personally if i was you, i wouldn't use it, unless you plan on an aftermarket block, and at least a T trim.
Not to mention have a good local tuner that knows the DFI system, just because they can use SCT stuff does not mean they are qualified to setup the DFI.

Dead Thread???

Did you get the complete system with the main harness and inj harness along with all the other wiring? Everything comes labeled clearly and the intructions are not to bad if you know your way around your stock harness and wiring. If you do not have a wiring schematic for the car it is a good investment, both engine and chassis.

Like 2000xp8 already stated try to find a tuner who truly knows the Gen 7, they are few and far between.

whats the difference with the gen 6 and gen 7 I am purchasing a system right now and didnt know there was differences. I am having a guy do it that runs a drag fuelie. but I live in Boise Idaho and well thats all that needs to be said.