Anyone know if these rims will fit??

I am looking to get rid of my weld prostars so I put them up for trade in good ole Craigslist and was offered a set of cobra rims which is the exact rims I'm looking for. However my 5 lug conversion my friend said is only a rotor swap not the true sn95 conv. Does anyone by chance know if they will fit? He's unsure of the year of the rims, I know I may not be able to run center caps but that's not a big worry? I just have a general pic he sent me.

View attachment 137810

• Sponsors (?)

If that is a pic of the actual rims you are thinking of getting then I would think that they should fit without any problems unless they are stupid wide like 9 inches. Even with the sn95 swap there isnt really any change as to where the wheel sits backspacing wise IIRC.

Yeah those are the actual rims. My friend just mentioned without sn95 swaps it can be harder to find rims and this guy live a considerable distance away so I don't want to go there and trade and get home and find they don't fit. Te center caps don't matter to me really. I may just wait until I get a trade offer more local.

Well all the SN95 front end swap lets you do is use center caps. I don't think it lets you use any wider of a wheel or anything like that. I could be wrong, though. I'd wait until more knowledgeable people chime in before making a decision

The hub size on a stock '79-'93 4-bolt front end and Lincoln Mark VII (which is what I assume your 5-lug front rotors are from) is 64.2mm. The SN95 wheels hubs have a 70.6mm opening.

These wheels MAY fit, but you won't know for certain until you attempt to bolt them on. The early style hubs are one piece with the rotor...as such, they center hub protrudes out some and can interfere with the dust cap. The SN95 style set up has the hub as a separate entity from the rotor.

If that's the style you want, then get them. Even if they don't work with your current 5-lug set up, this would be a good excuse for you to step up to a set of '94-'95 front spindles. Not only will they allow you a wide array of wheels to choose from, but more importantly will allow you to upgrade to the '99-up dual piston front brake calipers...which are light years better than the current single piston set up you've got now.

You can pick up a set of spindles used for well under $200...and covert to the later style calipers for about $100 more than that.

Well at this juncture I'm just trading my prostars for these style. So I have to be certain they'd fit or else my cars stuck on jack stands. Is it usually the dust cap that cause interference, or do the rims not fit properly because of the hub being too big or too small?

When you do the conversion can you just do spindles or do u have to do everything including the calipers, ball joints brackets etc? Isn't there special

And when you do it there are special shims you have to use or install sn95 ball joints into the fox LCA's? Can the shims be bought or just find washers etc?
You can just shim them with washers if I remember. Total thickness about .330

Do a quick Google search. There are litterally dozens of step by step how-to's that'll guide you through the conversion.

shim with washers. the shims that come in the kits are just machined pieces of aluminum. no reason to spend more than you have to. FWIW I am running 17x9 wheels up front on 95 spindles. I had to use rack limiters or I would rub at full lock other than that I had no issues.