Anyone runing Roush heads

I have a chance to pick up a set for $600, they are machine shop fresh, have 2.05 and 1.90 valves in them. The are milled .015, trhey are port match to the cobra intake i already have (bought the intake from the same guy) The car has a E cam in it but thinking about building another motor for it. Anbody runing these cast iron heads? Really thinking about them just wondering now they perform. Also wondering if a E cam would be to small for it or i should go with a bigger cam. Thanks James.

• Sponsors (?)

You'll more than likely have piston to valve clearance issues with a 2.05 intake valve. They're an inline valve head, so you'll absolutely need to check clearance, but more than likely have to notch your pistons for them to work.

I have the windsor Jr heads, and just like most on the board here, feel the large valve and intake runners are too big for a modest 302. With an E or F cam, the enging really comes alive around 3000 rpm, but suffers greatly on the bottom end, regardless of cam size. So, If you want a drag car with a 2800 stall, .411 gears, they will perform well. If it is your daily driver, port some E7 or GT40 heads, or buy some AFR 165's for an additional 600.

if you plan on going bigger later...then get those heads. if you plan on just doing a couple mods and keeping it relatively tame go with something like the aformensioned afr's. if you have a power adder on the horizon, do the roush heads def!

I was just driving it back to work, the car has 350k on the body, the motor has probly about 150 on it. Ive never spraied it, its got some old DV heads on it i think its got a valve sticking or something, but its also blowing by really bad. A TON of smoke comes out if you take the oil cap off when the car is runing a few mins it does it really bad, but its not smoking much out of the exhuast, it does alittle on start up. But it started missing really bad, and i changed the cap, rotor, and plug wires are maybe 2 month old FR 9mm wires, and it has plugs that are about 2 weeks old. I pulled them all off and the number 1 cylender didnt make a differnce when i pulled it off, i havent ran a compression test on it, just going to swap motors so i can rebuild the motor with the H/C/I. I used to deliver pizzas in the car so probly ruined the rings with all the sitting in traffic and runing for 5 hours straight. Im swaping the motor out of my vert into it, It runs pretty strong has 110k on it, going to run it while im rebuilding the motor that was in the car.