Wheels-Tires Anyone running 315/30/18 tires?

silverlx50

15 Year Member
Apr 4, 2007
So I am dealing with a few dilemmas. One is finding a wheel that works with the Lincoln Mark VII front 5 lug swap, (in another thread)

Second, I thought a saw a car somewhere that ran 315/30/18 Hoosier DR in the rear. Is anyone running these? Mine just showed up and they look bigger then what seems like it would fit on 18x10"or 10.5" wheel on my 93 LX with tail pipes.

Ive checked wheel fitment threads but no luck.

Attachments

• 20190909_100008.jpg
    20190909_100008.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 571
  • Sponsors (?)

There have been guys with 315's, but so far nobody with ones that run wide like those tires probably do.
I think stykthyn has done it.
But he seemed to think his 315's were technically a 295 (nitto's run small).
I also think he recommends people not to try it.

I run a 275 35 18 bfg drag radial, which run a little on the wide side.
I put a panhard bar on the car to stop them from rubbing on the inside during hard cornering (which worked).
I have no room to spare anywhere. A little out and they rub the fender, no phb and the run the tub.
They are also close to the tailpipes.

Your tires are going to be roughly an inch and a half wider than mine.
Me personally, i'd return them or get ready to spend a lot of time then money making them fit and not get torn up on the first ride.

Edit: On tire rack they say the tire is 11 inches, which sounds like some BS to fit into class racing.
Also suggests a rim 11+
A 26 inch height isn't going to help either.

Last edited:
So I retirned them and went with a 275 40 17. I had to ding the tailpipes as they had slight rubbing. I have about 1/4" to the interior of free space. They def run wider then what is advertised.

Reactions: 1 user
I stand to be corrected, but in my opinion that tire will not fit without MAJOR rubbing in a stock wheel well, including beating the inner and rolling the outer. If a regular has done it, then I'll take their word on it, but at the moment, you can put me on record as saying that's a no-go.