• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

Anyone running Dr. Gas x-pipe and Magnaflow catback?

  • Thread starter Thread starter mull9433
  • Start date Start date May 31, 2006
M

mull9433

New Member
Feb 13, 2002
52
0
0
May 31, 2006
#1
  • May 31, 2006
  • #1
I'm trying to decide what exhaust (x-pipe and catback) to install on my 92 stang. This is a combo I'm considering. I want an exhaust that is fairly loud at WOT but quiet in the cab while driving around town. What do you guys think? Thanks
 
E

emagdnim

Active Member
Feb 5, 2003
391
15
28
May 31, 2006
#2
  • May 31, 2006
  • #2
I have the hedman xpipe which looks very close to a dr gas one with magnaflow catback and it fits the description of what your looking for.
 
D

Dtowncats

New Member
Jun 2, 2003
340
0
0
York, PA
Jun 1, 2006
#3
  • Jun 1, 2006
  • #3
I have a very close combo. I have a Redline x pipe and Magnaflow catback. It definitely has a different sound but it is awesome!! It gets loud at WOT but not bad when cruising. I don't think I would ever change it out.

Click on the link in my sig. You can hear my exhaust in it.
 

Darkwriter77

Resident Ranting Negative Nancy
5 Year Member
Jul 1, 2005
315
283
134
Apache Junction, AZ
Jun 1, 2006
#4
  • Jun 1, 2006
  • #4
Magnaflows are good, and Dr. Gas has a good rep; however, Pypes muffs sound equally badass at WOT and are very subtle in regular driving, and they have a complete exhaust setup with off-road X and Violator cat-back (with stainless tails) for around $450 (price was ultra-cheap at their WFC9 display). Depends on whether or not you want/need the stainless steel materials for longevity and/or bling factor.

Jeez, I'm starting to sound like a sales rep for Pypes, lately...
 
D

Dtowncats

New Member
Jun 2, 2003
340
0
0
York, PA
Jun 2, 2006
#5
  • Jun 2, 2006
  • #5
Darkwriter77 said:
Magnaflows are good, and Dr. Gas has a good rep; however, Pypes muffs sound equally badass at WOT and are very subtle in regular driving, and they have a complete exhaust setup with off-road X and Violator cat-back (with stainless tails) for around $450 (price was ultra-cheap at their WFC9 display). Depends on whether or not you want/need the stainless steel materials for longevity and/or bling factor.

Jeez, I'm starting to sound like a sales rep for Pypes, lately...
Click to expand...
I tried to listen to some of their clips on their website but they wouldn't load for some reason. But that is a darn good deal for the x pipe and catback.
 
G

Glenn

Founding Member
Aug 20, 1999
939
0
17
Houston
Jun 3, 2006
#6
  • Jun 3, 2006
  • #6
I've got that exact set up and am very happy with it. It gets loud at WOT, but not too bad on the low revs.
Glenn
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Engine Random Misfire at idle.
  • Gulftown980x
  • Jul 29, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
11
Views
458
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jul 31, 2026
squeak93
Place to Avoid: Jamison Auto Group in Gulfport, MS
  • D Durden
  • Oct 20, 2025
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • 2 3
Replies
46
Views
3K
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jul 16, 2026
Noobz347
SN95 Desktop 363 Engine Combination - Looking for input
  • WhiteCobra95
  • Sep 8, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
11
Views
2K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Oct 6, 2025
Habu135
Engine Throwing codes 94, 33, 34, 44, and sporadic engine shutoff.
  • Ryu
  • Oct 9, 2024
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
13
Views
1K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Sep 13, 2026
Noobz347
6
Hey all,I’m putting together a 302 for my 1968 Mustang and wanted to post the combo + some questions to make sure I’m not missing crucial
  • 68_Disgustang
  • Feb 22, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
1K
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jun 20, 2026
gray owl
G
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?