anyone use a King Cobra Clutch kit??? help me out

AirWolf87

Mar 14, 2004
L I, NY
hey guys, as you might know form previous posts, i blew a shift fork, so while the tranny is sitting in the shop i figured id run over to MUSTANG MAGIC and pick up a new clutch kit cuz i was going to need one in the next yr anyway. I desided on a King Cobra. anyone else use that? How do you like it? is it as stiff as the stock one? where is the grip point...high or low? Anyone else use anything else better? thanx

• Sponsors (?)

The grip point on my wife's 01 with the KC clutch has been a problem since day 1 (sometime in Feb)...We added an adj cable, firewall adjuster and tried both Steeda quads (the red steep ramp and blue dual pickup-which is back in there now). Still the pedal is too high. We finally picked up the maximummotoersports clutch pedal adjuster and we are putting that in today....
The clutch pedal effort required is just slightly more than stock.

I had one on my 89 GT and I liked it .The main thing with any clutch is proper adjustment.If your new clutch is not grabbing then it's not adjusted properly.A firewall adjuster does help, but remember when you put in a new clutch and cable it's best to have zero lash on the cable at the shift fork, then adjust your firewall adjuster from there. It's sometimes a pain to get it just right, but ideally it needs to fully engage and full disengage. Try to find some one who has experience adjusting clutches if you have never done it before otherwise you will burn up your new clutch and flush$$ down the drain.