anyone use ebay control arms?

mob

the guy who hits on his mom
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Oct 3, 2003
Dallas, TX
Hey guys really wanting to upgrade my stock control arms to hook a little better at the track and I am on ultimate budget. Searched for used controls but not much luck, anyone ever try the ebay control arms that are like 100 bucks? They have greasable poly eurathane bushings, just not sure if they are good quality or if a bushing is a bushing. I am afraid to get used control arms because they may be worn, not sure on the quality of these cheapo's and really not trying to spend over 100 bucks, but I am almost tempted to just go UPR or something.

• Sponsors (?)

Hey guys really wanting to upgrade my stock control arms to hook a little better at the track and I am on ultimate budget. Searched for used controls but not much luck, anyone ever try the ebay control arms that are like 100 bucks? They have greasable poly eurathane bushings, just not sure if they are good quality or if a bushing is a bushing. I am afraid to get used control arms because they may be worn, not sure on the quality of these cheapo's and really not trying to spend over 100 bucks, but I am almost tempted to just go UPR or something.

C'mon MOB, you cannot keep using the "My dog ate my homework" thing. :nono: You have had to see this very question hashed out a bagillion times.
Here, I looked it up for you:
http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/posts/8555349/

UPR is definitely a better option than chinese stuff. UPR's control arms work really well and they're very durable. Our arms are tubular chrome-moly, tig-welded, with Energy Suspension polyurethane bushings. They are Made in America and they carry a Lifetime Guarantee.

With the stangnet.com discount, they only cost $179 for the set of four:

http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-chrome-moly-rear-control-arm-suspension-kit.html

I could try to work out a deal on just the lowers if that's what you want, but the way our pricing is structured, the full set of control arms is basically "buy the lowers, get the uppers free". (ten dollar difference)

-7 is extreme...maybe on a track only car or a car that has a lot of soft bushings and have a lot of deflection,

IMO, -2 to -3 works great on most cars that have some stiffer aftermarket bushings or joints.

This is an area I would not skimp. My entire suspension is Steeda. A buddy of mine with the same car bought the cheapy upper / lower set for like $249 (it's a known brand). We did 2 AutoX events and he had to flatbed his car home. Cracked left side upper and sheared off the weld at the ball joining the lower. Rear wheel was jammed inside the wheel well. Had to drag the car up on the flatbed, what a mess.

DO NOT SKIMP ON CONTROL ARMS!

...believe I might need to make an order sometime in the near future there Sharad

Sounds good man. Drop me a PM when you're ready and I'll send you the discount code.

Also, Rick is right. If you have the extra dough, go with the adjustables. They're not necessary, but it's nice to have the option to adjust if you want. Also, -3° is a good starting point with poly bushings all the way around.

This is an area I would not skimp. My entire suspension is Steeda. A buddy of mine with the same car bought the cheapy upper / lower set for like $249 (it's a known brand). We did 2 AutoX events and he had to flatbed his car home. Cracked left side upper and sheared off the weld at the ball joining the lower. Rear wheel was jammed inside the wheel well. Had to drag the car up on the flatbed, what a mess.

DO NOT SKIMP ON CONTROL ARMS!

What brand were they?

haha sorry guys I didnt mean to make a "anyone seen these one piece headlights" thread I just dont frequent the forums as much as I used to. Thanks for the info!

I found my LCA's on ebay, but not the no name junkers your talking about. keep looking, youll find what your looking for or eventually save up enough to buy the ones you want.