Mhalc1

May 10, 2021
San Jose, CA
Hello Foxbody friends.... I recently came up on some control arms for the low... I went ahead and got them thinking I could get some new bushings for them and swap them in... I figured they couldn't be worse than my stock RLCA's with worn bushings. There is no visible part number or logo that I can find. The weirdest thing to me is the rectangular spring perch which I myself have never seen.

Have any of you seen this perch and have any idea what control arms I have?

Does anyone know if I am able to buy some bushings that fit and give em the old college try?

IMG_1354.JPG IMG_1355.JPG IMG_1358.JPG IMG_1360.JPG

• Sponsors (?)

Hard to say. Looks like an MM copy, Two different style bushing too. Looks like derlin on one side. Is it a 3pc style ball bushing like MM?

Gms, knocked off some of those arms years ago, pa racing used a similar spring perch too but nothing I could say for sure what they are.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you guys for the responses, it gives me a small rabbit hole to dig down. Ya the dude selling them tried to tell me they were MM smh, after I "educated" him that they weren't he gave them to me for next to nothing. I wanted to put them on but not without replacing the bushings... but im not sure what bushings to buy. I may just keep my stocks until I can get some real MM.

I'd pull the bushings see if there the ball center design on one end.. The global west is the closest in looks too me with the perch and sway bar bracket.
Good idea, I will do that thanks for the info!

P.S sorry im replying to everyone in separate posts... you all kinda unloaded on my thread at the same time... Much obliged guys!

I run Global West’s double adjustable UCA’s on my T-Bird and really like them. Give them a shout and see if you can send them the pictures so they can determine if they are their LCA’s. If so I would be they will sell you replacement bushings and toss in some free stickers.

I run Global West’s double adjustable UCA’s on my T-Bird and really like them. Give them a shout and see if you can send them the pictures so they can determine if they are their LCA’s. If so I would be they will sell you replacement bushings and toss in some free stickers.
If parts come with stickers…. They’re good parts! Words to live by! :cheers:

• Haha
Take this post! :mg:
Thats exactly how yall got down. I appreciate it though!
Great to here, gives me a little more confidence if these are in fact global west. I just emailed them and will give them a call tomorrow!

Good idea, I will do that thanks for the info!

P.S sorry im replying to everyone in separate posts... you all kinda unloaded on my thread at the same time... Much obliged guys!
Its a forum, why I like them.... If it was face book I wouldn't have been able to to find the damn post again to reply after looking at arms that I know where semi close in design.. Why I hate most social media sites lol.

So I was able to confirm beyond the shadow of a doubt that these are Global West. The Del-A-Lum bushing style along with the rectangular perch gave it away. I gave Scott from Global West a call today, and decided not to buy new bushings as there del-a-lum bushing should not need to be replaced as long as they are properly greased. I was missing a thrust washer... Scott sent one out for me for 5 bucks! as of now less than 24 hours after I started this thread my questions are answered, I have decided to stick with these control arms and I have a new thrust washer in the mail!

I cant wait to install these and compare. Good work team!